Senior Product Manager, Digital Products at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 85% of teachers in the U.S. come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. More than 6 million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who We Are Looking For:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
You are a strategic product thinker who approaches building products in a thoughtful, exhaustive, and thematic way. You thrive in a collaborative environment and you are a proactive communicator adept at managing stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will use design thinking, data analytics, user research, A/B testing, and iterative development to build intuitive experiences and products that empower educators to teach at their best.
The Digital team at TpT is creating the next set of experiences for teachers and students in the classroom. As more devices are integrated into classrooms and instructional methods continue to evolve, teachers and students will need new tools and experiences. Educators are working hard to figure out how to effectively use these devices in new types of lessons, assessments, and teaching strategies. TpT wants to leverage the collective knowledge of our community to promote a more effective and innovative use of technology.
You will work closely with our customers and internal stakeholders to identify problems and product opportunities that TpT can solve for schools using new and innovative technology.
- Contribute to cross-functional effort to define the long-term vision for TpT’s Digital strategy.
- Lead cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product marketers to implement and launch products.
- Be the champion of user needs, balancing between qualitative and quantitative data to efficiently and correctly make product decisions.
- Balance a strong product sense with the ability to execute and launch truly great products.
- Communicate with clarity the strategy, progress, and success to executives, the entire company, the board, and external stakeholders.
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers.
- 4-6 years of experience building products.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions and debate (strong beliefs, loosely held).
- Open-minded, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and eager to learn and solve hard problems.
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity.
- E-commerce/Marketplace experience
- Digital tool or app building experience
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.