Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The RTR product team is data-driven, experimental, iterative, and customer-obsessed. We're energized by defining new behavior in the rental ecosystem and are constantly looking for new ways to delight our customers. We believe in and embody RTR’s core values - including thinking of ourselves as founders, dreaming big, being scrappy but not crappy, fostering debate and honest conversations and bringing our authentic selves to work every day.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for exponentially scaling RTR’s customer growth. You will operate at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience to deliver functionality that helps us attract, onboard and delight new customers. You will push the envelope and drive innovative enhancements to our desktop, mobile web and mobile app experiences. You will develop an inspiring vision and well-thought out product strategy to hit ambitious growth targets. In partnership with our Engineering, Design, Revenue and Marketing teams, you will execute against the strategy and test, learn and iterate to deliver the best outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our Revenue team to understand growth objectives and constraints. Develop the long-term vision and a phased product strategy to deliver against these.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the Product Discovery process to determine how we execute against the vision, what exactly we build and how.
- Define testing strategies & learning plans to ensure we’re developing functionality that customers value and can easily use.
- Identify appropriate metrics to measure success and quality.
- Drive execution and ensure the team delivers the desired business outcomes efficiently.
- Communicate plan and progress to key internal partners and executives. Actively listen and respond to feedback.
- Measure launched products and create a tight learning loop that leverages qualitative insights from user research as well as quantitative data to drive continuous improvement.
- Maintain a solid pulse on market trends and conduct ongoing evaluations of comparable product offerings, to constantly identify opportunities for refining the product strategy and improving the customer experience.
- Coach and lead other Product Managers to bring out their best; contribute to creating a fun, rewarding workplace where people can realize their full potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years experience in a Product role at an e-commerce company. Proven experience successfully driving growth and consumer acquisition strategies is a big plus.
- Both a high level strategic thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves operator.
- Scientific and data-driven, with basic knowledge of SQL, experiment design and using self-service analytics tools (like Google Analytics or Looker) to make decisions.
- Obsessed with truly knowing your customer and empathizing with her pain points, dreams and aspirations.
- Skilled in defining the right metrics to measure how your team is impacting customers and the business.
- Technically savvy and familiar with relevant growth concepts (like paid marketing ROI and channel attribution models).
- Capable of breaking down complex problems and holding your own in discussions with engineering and digital marketing experts.
- Experienced working in scrum/agile management methodologies
- Highly organized leader & communicator with the ability to drive results and keep teams motivated and accountable.
- Relationship builder who engages well with stakeholders, understands their objectives and constraints and earns their trust.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Great coach who knows how to mentor and develop talent.
- Inclusive, honest, open and eager to continuously learn. Self-aware and an active listener.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.