Senior Product Manager, Hardware
Latch is looking for a highly autonomous Senior Product Manager with a bias for action, who can help catalyze product development and manage Latch’s suite of hardware products as the company furthers its mission to build an access platform that helps people open, manage, and share, the spaces they care about.
This is a high profile role; reporting to our VP of Product, working directly with our CEO, CTO, and the rest of the senior executive team; and overseeing multiple engineering and development teams in order to manage hardware and software initiatives. You will be responsible for delivering the magical experiences that stray between HW and SW by; meeting with our customers and partners to understand their needs, carry out research to help define problems, facilitate a cross-functional process to solve these problems, drive consensus by owning documentation and requirement; and work with Engineering, Operations, Program, and Marketing to deliver them on-time and to Latch’s standard of quality.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Product Manager on both; hardware products that require embedded firmware; and software products (web and native app experience a plus)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment such a high-growth startup
- Proven capability to form tight partnerships with designers and engineers to solve both user experience as well as technical problems
- Highly skilled in managing very senior stakeholders
- Structured, organized, and extremely detail-orientated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Research and first principles-orientated with an eye for great human-centered design
- Strong requirements definition, with an ability to take a group of user stories and abstract out required product behavior and capabilities.
- Able to quickly grasp technical concepts and make engineering trade-offs (technical background strongly recommended)
- Strong aptitude in analyzing data and using tools such as Mixpanel (knowledge of Looker a plus)
- Have mentored or managed an Associate Product Manager or above
- Manage several of Latch’s hardware and software initiatives
- Think long-term and develop a vision for Latch with the executive team
- Facilitate a cross-functional hardware development process with Engineering, Design, and Operations to: identify problems, prioritize them, facilitate solution identification, and an effective go-to-market strategy
- Own requirements and documentation, and ensure engineering and design teams are completely aligned on what is being built and when, and keeping the PRD up to date as the project progresses.
- Partner with Operations, Product Marketing, and Design to deliver world-class product launches
- Regularly update senior stakeholders on product development and performance
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice