Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a highly autonomous Product Manager with a bias for action, who can join a team driven to build an access platform that enables brand new experiences around keyless entry, sharing access, unattended deliveries, and smart building management.
This is a highly visible role, working directly with our VP of Access, Chief Product Officer, and executive team. If you’re excited by the chance to manage the intersection of hardware and user experience, then you will feel at home as the voice of the customer and product manager for the software that runs on Latch hardware devices and the Latch Cloud. From new hardware-enabled features, to core infrastructure and security, to the building blocks of future access experiences, this role will manage our current and future hardware products, building and maintaining the core bedrock and infrastructure on which LatchOS runs.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers from Apps and Web to deliver experiences that can only be delivered through the seamless interplay of hardware and software. You’ll also work closely with Hardware Engineering, Reliability, and Design teams to ensure UAT reflects our customers needs and that we’re shipping products that deliver world class experiences.
- Own the software experience roadmap for new hardware products and work closely with Hardware Engineering and Software Product Management across our access product lines
- Manage and collaborate with industry partners on partnerships and integrations
- Own the day-to-day backlogs for Latch Cloud, Firmware, Security, and Reliability
- Collaborate with hardware team members including FW, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quality Engineers as well as our Program team to understand hardware capabilities and how they impact the Apps and Web to sustain and further the Latch user experience
- Gather requirements from user research, and internal teams, to prioritize features for the embedded software on Latch devices
- Co-own bug triaging with Program Management
- Own software requirements and documentation, and ensure engineering and design teams are completely aligned on what is being built and when using communication tools such as Confluence, JIRA, ProductBoard and Wrike
- Work closely with Operations to roll out new features and products in a timely and robust fashion, with an eye to reliability
- Project demand in the market and inform forecasts with Finance and Supply Chain.
- Help craft product education with Operations, Product Marketing, and Design
- Regularly update senior stakeholders on product development and performance
- Explore new technologies and hardware trends through networking with industry experts and facilitating insight sessions with our current and target customers
- Minimum 7+ years experience as a Product Manager at the intersection of hardware and software, ideally with hardware, embedded/firmware or electrical engineering experience
- Technical degree from an accredited university or strong hands-on technical experience
- Owned a roadmap and ruthlessly prioritized and scoped to maintain it
- A self-starter
- Experience managing operational issues, triaging, communicating and fixing bugs
- Proven capability to form an agile team of designers and engineers to solve both user experience as well as technical problems
- Strong product and user experience instinct - you have delivered products that had an edge in human-computer interaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a ruthless attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills
- Knowledge of compliance and hardware certifications (FCC, UL, ANSI, etc)
- Experience taking products to market internationally is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience in both a startup and larger company environment is a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice