We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our InfraSec team, responsible for the infrastructure and security of our platform and helps our product development team build and deploy functionality faster, safer and more autonomous.
The Teachable platform empowers independent business owners to productize their knowledge through online courses and coaching. We put almost $1.5M in the pockets of small businesses and solopreneurs every single day.
The InfraSec PM combines aspects of traditional product management, program management, and some project management. At its heart, this role helps the team serve its internal customers better by productizing self-service capabilities where possible. But due to the centralized nature of the team, this role also has responsibilities of stakeholder management, ongoing requirement prioritization, and enforcing cross-team accountability.
The ideal candidate for this role is a very experienced and organized Product Manager with really good communication skills. They are able to stack rank between competing priorities, keep stakeholders in the loop, and navigate the complexities of deeply technical needs that impact our entire product / technology stack broadly.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Product Management, but works closest day-to-day with the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure and Information Security and the InfraSec team.
- Keeps the InfraSec team informed broadly on the needs, problems and opportunities of diverse internal stakeholders
- Advocates for InfraSec originating work required from other product development pods and holds them accountable for delivery
- Handles most of the day-to-day communications outside the team—with stakeholders, other pods, and other internal collaborators
- Handles 3rd party vendor management whenever we need to use them for needs like periodic penetration testing etc
- Partners with the Sr. Manager of InfraSec to manage costs / investments on InfraSec
- Project Management of occasional broad-ranging special projects
- Deep experience with infrastructure teams
- Sufficient technical knowledge to adequately represent highly technical topics on security, DNS, CI/CD, containerization etc.
- Very strong communication skills across different media from verbal to written
- A curious/humble/ambitious personality with a desire to work in a diverse, cross-functional environment (see our Product Engineering Operating Principles)
- Expertise in Product, Project, and Program management
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.