Senior Product Manager, Ingestion at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Ingestion team. As a Senior Product Manager on the Ingestion team, you’ll oversee a broad swath of use cases from Audience Creation and Management to our external REST APIs to our Mongo Data Infrastructure.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work closely with the Ingestion team to craft the team’s product vision & strategy, execute on initiatives, and coordinate launch and communication of new features. You’ll focus on the following functional areas:
- Ingestion Infrastructure: Ensure that all forms of data ingestion into Braze are reliable, performant and easy to integrate with. Ingestion-owned infrastructure should be stable and performant at scale, while exceeding our customers’ expectations and being cost effective.
- Developer Experience: Make Braze easy to integrate and increase the satisfaction of our customer’s engineering teams.
- Audience Management: Make it easy for Braze’s customers to create and execute customer engagement strategies by providing best-in-class, sophisticated audience targeting capabilities.
Candidates with a wide range of seniority will be considered, with commensurate adjustments to title and scope of responsibilities.
- Work with Ingestion team and key stakeholders to define team vision, product strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with Designers and Engineers to execute on this roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Product Marketers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Establish and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Deeply understand our technology, business, customers, and market.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience as a builder. These 5 years can be split between time spent in Product Management and Engineering roles.
- 2+ years of experience in a Product Management role.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- Proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- Strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems work, and perhaps have experience developing yourself.
- An eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience working at high-growth, high-scale technology startups.
- SaaS experience, particularly in the Enterprise.
- Experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability, or Infrastructure Engineer, particularly at the Senior level or higher.
- Experience as a product manager or engineer for a Customer Data Platform.
- Marketing technology experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture