Senior Product Manager, Institutional Strategies at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Product
Our Product team is an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, refines and optimizes existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's technical vision. Made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency, we seek skilled professionals who are ready to stretch themselves to face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world.
The Role: Senior Product Manager, Institutional Strategies
In this role, you'll work on institutional products at Gemini, helping to define the scope and objectives of projects, and working directly with engineering teams and project stakeholders to deliver production applications. The ideal candidate operates with a beginner’s mind, and brings domain expertise into individual contributor work on new features and new products for multiple types of institutional customers. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple teams.
- Work closely with engineers and internal stakeholders and use data-driven approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs and set and manage priorities
- Engage in work with regulators and other external partners related to regulated products
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- 3+ years of experience in the institutional capital markets space, with 2+ years of product management experience, or equivalent experience in other roles on project teams.
- Proven track record of delivering production software products in an agile development environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product decision making processes
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience in the institutional trading space in crypto is a plus
- Familiarity with the crypto exchange ecosystem is a plus
- Familiarity with crypto custody technology is a plus
- Experience with financial exchange and/or brokerage operations is a plus
- Experience with systems that perform trade clearing and settlement is a plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.