Senior Product Manager - Listings
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager on the Listings team to own the planning, execution and delivery of products that enables Compass to deliver an exceptional agent and consumer experience. You will work on products like our listing page, building pages, various editors, and other products in the listing lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience laying out large amounts of complex information for user consumption.
You should be comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders and have the ability to break down and solve complex problems. You should be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status, findings, and escalations on a regular basis.
- As a product manager working on Listings you will define and build products that deliver information about homes and buildings to our users, which include home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals
- Lead the full product cycle from ideation to user research, design, development and launch for one or more Compass products
- Drive the roadmap and prioritization of innovative and engaging products and features to benefit our clients and agents
- Prioritize and allocate resources against a variety of projects touching many product and business teams across Compass
- Work in close collaboration with user research, engineering and design partners to develop rich, intuitive user experiences
- 5+ years experience in product management roles building and launching successful targeted marketing products
- 2+ years of extensive UX experience around information hierarchy and layout
- Preferred experience working on consumer or enterprise search result detail pages (e.g. hotel pages on travel sites, product pages on e-commerce sites, restaurant pages on review sites, etc.)
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Experience in data driven, targeted marketing
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across different functions of an organization
- An ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- Comfort with collaborating with internal UX and Engineering teams and external consultants and systems integrators in an agile environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.