Senior Product Manager, Marketplace at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who We Are Looking For:
You are a strategic product thinker who approaches building products in a thoughtful, exhaustive, and thematic way. You thrive in a collaborative environment and you are a proactive communicator adept at managing stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will use design thinking, data analytics, user research, A/B testing, and iterative development to build intuitive experiences and products that empower educators to teach at their best.
We look for product managers who understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion and their ideas. You must collaborate closely with your product designer and engineers to discover effective solutions and then work together to deliver those solutions to market.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable for the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
The marketplace is where 7.5 million educators come to find teaching resources that enable them to enhance their lessons and save time. In 2021, the marketplace will evolve in order to help power a transformation of TpT to a more digital classroom. The marketplace team has two goals in 2021 that you’ll work to achieve: 1) drive adoption of TpT’s new suite of digital tools, and 2) increase the quality of resources that teachers find in the marketplace, all while maintaining a cohesive marketplace experience. You will work closely with our customers and internal stakeholders to identify product opportunities to achieve these goals, and you’ll work collaboratively with your product team to test, ship, and iterate on solutions that achieve these goals.
- Contribute to cross-functional effort to define the long-term vision for TpT’s Marketplace product
- Lead cross-functional team of engineers and a designer to launch and iterate on products that help us achieve these goals
- Be the champion of user needs, using both qualitative and quantitative data to make quick, high-quality product decisions
- Balance a strong product sense with the ability to execute and launch truly great products
- Communicate with clarity the strategy, progress, and success to executives, the entire company, the board, and external stakeholders
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- 4+ years of experience building products
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions and debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Open-minded, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and eager to learn and solve hard problems.
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- E-commerce/Marketplace experience
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.