Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The RTR product team is data-driven, experimental, iterative, and customer-obsessed. We're energized by defining new behavior in the rental ecosystem and are constantly looking for new ways to delight our customers.
The operations product team works with partners in the operations and technology teams to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging and garment science. The RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation and inventory care.
About the Job:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will manage the vision and roadmap for Rent the Runway’s transportation operations - defining the goals and delivering the innovations that will create an operationally optimized set of delivery and returns options for our customers. You will partner with engineering, product design, business stakeholders, data science/analytics, and third party vendors to implement innovative solutions that increase efficiency, drive scale, and improve the customer experience.
What You'll Do:
- Develop product strategies for RTR’s transportation operations and innovative supply chain
- Lead cross-functional teams through all phases of the product life cycle to determine how we execute against the vision, what exactly we build and how
- Partner with rockstar engineering teams to in a fast paced, Agile development process
- Build a deep understanding of our customer and internal stakeholders to develop product roadmaps and specifications that deliver tremendous value
- Define the goals that will create step-function improvements in our transportation operations, align stakeholders across the company to those goals, and provide continued visibility into progress against them
- Drive competitive advantage by designing and implementing innovative solutions that leverage technology
- Monitor and measure launched products to maintain a tight learning loop that continually informs the product development process
- You have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree, preferably with a focus in a technical discipline.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience with expertise in e-commerce, fulfillment, inventory management, reverse logistics, transportation and/or other related supply chain domains. You have experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies.
- You're a builder. You are excited about creating new products that deliver significant business impact, both as a high level strategic thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves operator.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- You’re constantly learning. You run experiments to validate assumptions and mitigate risks. You are flexible and able to change direction as you learn.
- You create vision and clarity. You manage complexity and ambiguity. You are comfortable and energized by uncharted problems.
- You're analytical. You turn data into actionable insights and the metrics that define success.
- You're a strong communicator. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk and how to listen in remote & in-person environments.
- You enjoy getting technical. You are familiar with SQL and APIs. You are comfortable working with engineers day-to-day and able to participate in technical discussions.
- You are a relationship builder. You engage well with stakeholders, understand their objectives and constraints and earn their trust.
- You are inclusive, honest, open and eager to continuously learn. You are self-aware and an active listener.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.