Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is looking for a Senior Product Manager - Payments. This newly created position will own and support all aspects of the Cedar experience for all online payments as well as POS & MOTO payments. Your work affects millions of patients, making their financial experience better and more convenient.
Our ideal colleague has experience working with enterprise clients resembling the large, multi-state health systems that Cedar has as it’s clients, coordinating and influencing many stakeholders such as treasury, bank partners, IT, security and compliance departments. You’ll oversee our payment products, help define strategies on payment methods and devices and you’ll drive improvements to our entire payment offering.
At a high-level, the role will involve:
- Product Discovery: driving product discovery with providers, patients, and our internal teams to identify problems worth solving and validating solutions.
- Product development: working with your squad (design, engineering, and data science) to execute on the payments roadmap
- Collaborating with commercial teams, clients and partners: manage relations with commercial + client teams and our payment partners to gain an understanding of the key problems to focus on and how we plan to solve them.
- Collaborating with Operations and Finance to support compliance and risk and manage costs.
- Lead product discovery through direct client engagement and desk research in order to gain market insights and drive payment product strategy
- Develop and lead execution on a roadmap for the product development team (engineering, design, data science) which aligns with our overarching product strategy
- Define measurement strategies for your team, your product, and product launches and partner with data science to implement and draw out insights
- Define go-to-market strategy for releases within your product area and partner with sales, account management, marketing, and product operations to ensure flawless delivery and full value for customers
- Coordinate relationships and execution with payment processors other vendors to determine what products/services will best serve our needs
- Develop and share thought leadership around your product
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of product management, including 2+ in the payments domain
- Experience building successful products through technology partnerships
- Knowledge of payments flows, processing a related risk and compliance processes
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Effective communicator
- Strong analytical and data driven approach
- Based in NYC or willing to relocate
- Technical background
- Experience with P2PE devices and processes for POS and MOTO
- Prior knowledge of the healthcare space (providers, insurance companies, tech companies…), specifically within the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) space
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Visibility across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Product Manager roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.