Senior Product Manager, Physical Products
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is a Senior Product Manager, Physical Products important to us?
The Senior Product Manager, Physical Products is Shapeways’ resident materials and applications expert who drives managed accounts growth by offering materials expertise, material consultations, and recommending strategic applications for enterprise use cases. This will be especially critical for top enterprises who will be leaning heavily on Shapeways expertise in the space to understand what’s possible and build their products based on this role’s recommendations.
The input of this role will directly influence Shapeways’ product strategy, the materials, and physical products offered by Shapeways, and ensuring we are at the cutting edge of 3DP technology.
This position reports to the Director, Product Management.
As a Senior Product Manager, Physical Products you will:
- Develop, prove out, and execute Shapeways’ physical product and materials strategy
- Drive pricing determinations for managed accounts on existing and new materials in considerations with customer’s strategic value to Shapeways
- Working with Sales Engineers, support Product’s enablement of the managed account customers that drives and grows revenue
- Work with operations, manufacturing, and supply chain in understanding Shapeways costs and own initial P&Ls when setting pricing strategies for Shapeways MAs and Shapeways.com
- Attend strategic industry trade shows/conferences to stay on top of the industry and bring learnings back to the org to inform our efforts and pipeline
- Build educational collateral on materials and 3DP technology both for internal and external consumption and purposes
- Collaborate with the Operations - Partners and Technology team in launching new Shapeways materials and technologies
- Lead the development of vertical-specific expertise to enable Shapeways to offer said verticals in industry-leading ways; identify customer types and categories for whom the vertical is ideal
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- BS or higher degree in relevant field, engineering, or technical background preferred
- 5+ years of additive manufacturing industry experience with a broad understanding of key technologies and players
- 2+ years of Product development experience
- Traditional manufacturing or materials science experience is a big plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with very little guidance and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.