At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Product Management & Business Delivery & MSK
Within the broader Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization, the Product Management & Business delivery team oversees product strategy, execution and adoption for large scale digital platforms that support MSK employees, clinicians, patients and ultimately the external market.
Beyond working with the technology, itself, we aim to understand the people who use it and the processes affected by its implementation. We empower our clinicians and patients with tools that support the best outcomes, and we support our researchers in their efforts to forge new territory in precision oncology. We evaluate our interventions to prove that the work we are doing is impactful, and we weigh costs and benefits to measure value and prioritize future initiatives.
We are undergoing a major digital transformation in support of our mission. The Senior Product Manager, Programs & Launch will have thorough knowledge of the product management lifecycle and proven experience building digital solutions in a scaled agile environment. This individual will be responsible for providing direction, management and innovation for critical product management processes and driving greater effectiveness in the implementation of key initiatives across the product management team and our portfolio of strategic initiatives. This role will work to improve and innovate around Product Management's ability to plan, execute and report on the success of key initiatives. An important goal is to drive greater consistency and improve collaboration across Product and cross-functional groups.
- Health Consumer Platform - The Health Consumer Platform provides health consumers with a unified, seamless digital technology experience across the care continuum. Our goal is to reach and engage health consumers virtually and expand MSK's reach beyond our physical locations. The Health Consumer Platform includes products such as telemedicine, patient remote monitoring, patient-reported outcomes, MyMSK, and MyMSK Knowledge & Guidance Center.
- Clinical & Logistics Platform - The Clinical & Logistics Platform provides a thoughtfully connected portfolio of advanced applications that fulfills our commitment to both clinicians and the healthcare consumer. These role-centric and workflow-informed integrated applications enable clinical staff to provide the highest quality, most informed, and cost-effective personalized care with a focus on user experience. This platform also seeks to fulfill MSK’s mission to prevent, diagnose, and treat cancer through the provision of easy and early access to MSK’s oncology experts for any person, regardless of geography or relationship with MSK.
- Service Platform - The Service Platform functions as a system of record for the management of health consumer relationships and service interactions. Through the use customer relationship management (CRM) and advanced telephony technologies, the Service Platform allows MSK to provide best in class service experiences, streamline service-related processes, and stay connected to our patients.
- Drive consistency and optimization of the "how" of Product Management to benefit MSKs cross-segment stakeholders.
- Plan – Partner with the SVP/VP to implement and refine a new Portfolio Management / Lean Portfolio Management planning framework. Develop and enhance processes, tools and collaboration with senior departmental & DigITs stakeholders to ensure effective funding prioritization, change management and transparency across the portfolio of digital initiatives.
- Build – Improve focus around product performance metrics and reporting. Identify best practices and implement programs to ensure the Product Management organization is positioned to contribute effectively within our SAFe/Agile framework.
- Launch & Adoption- work across Product Management, Training, Enterprise Change Management & Departmental teams to improve our approach and the effectiveness of product launch from the inception of product build through release, including communications/materials for product releases and new product awareness tools. Drive increased focus, transparency and consistency in reporting, analyzing and gaining insight from product metrics, feedback and enhancement requests in order to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Team Development - work with VP, Platform/Segment leads and Product Managers to identify skill/career development needs and coordinate relevant initiatives and processes across the wider team.
- Strategic Planning – Establish a more formal, standardized approach to regular digital product/solution strategy reviews including an approach to the collection, dissemination & analysis of market and competitive information.
- 10+ years of digital product management experience; creating strategic product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the product development lifecycle with prior experience delivering in an Agile/Scaled Agile environment.
- Results-oriented with aptitude to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to work effectively across teams and foster inclusivity, particularly in a matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Be able to quickly diagnose problems and foresee potential challenges.
- Advanced communication skills, both oral and written, across a wide range of audiences
- Able to quickly build credibility and relationships.
- View of best practices across competitor landscape and other industries
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous Healthcare experience helpful, but not required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.