As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Senior Product Manager Role
As Knotch’s Senior Product Manager, you will do more than take high-level product requirements and turn them into epics, user stories, and designs that engineers can build. You will take ownership of the requirements process itself, working with Engineering, Design, QA, and Customer Success to make sure that our requirements process is efficient and world-class. Your analytical reasoning skills and ability to work collaboratively with others are key traits that help you understand what our customers need and build capabilities that match those needs in our platform - and will help Knotch scale as a company. Your systems thinking abilities will allow you to help craft not just how you work, but set the standard for others on the product team. You will work closely with and report directly to our SVP of Product.
In your first 30 days, you will be learning the product and our processes by taking on a smaller epic and working within a squad to complete the user stories, designs and requirements.
In your first 60 days, you will be working with our Customer Success team and customers to understand how our capabilities are lined up to business needs, as well as running more epics of your own.
In your first 90 days, you will be collaborating with Engineering and others in the Product team on how to improve the product process.
How You’ll Add Value at Knotch
- Understanding the business problems our customers face to better contextualize capabilities
- Synthesizing new product capabilities by answering the questions “what should we build right now?”
- Writing detailed requirements in collaboration with others to make sure engineering knows exactly what we are building and why.
- Managing the overall requirements process and leading by example for other product managers
You’ll Be Successful Here if You
- Understand the difference between getting buy-in from others and “design by committee”
- Have several years of experience working in Product - or Engineering - on a SaaS application
- Have well-informed opinions on how user epics, user stories, tasks, etc. can best come together to guide engineering
- Have experience managing complex projects with dependencies
We Also Appreciate (But Don’t Require)
- Programming experience of any kind (to better understand what happens on the engineering side)
- Experience in web analytics, content marketing, or related areas
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.