Senior Product Manager, Smart Servicing at Betterment
Betterment is a smart money manager that offers cash management services, alongside their core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, they empower their hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and Tax Smart strategies that help keep taxes low across accounts. Learn more at www.betterment.com.About the Role:
Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better. As a Senior Product Manager on our Smart Servicing team, you’ll be responsible for driving the internal tooling strategy to support our operations and CX teams as well as improvements to high-touch customer facing experiences to drive revenue growth.
You are an organized and detail-oriented product manager with experience working across web and mobile platforms. You are a natural collaborator and love being part of a cross-functional team. You relish rolling up your sleeves and explaining complex requirements to engineers, designers, and data analysts…and you also build strong relationships with your marketing peers. You are masterful in prioritizing effectively and making tradeoffs across a range of tasks and initiatives. You live for iteration and know that the job of building software is never done.
You rapidly build rapport with people and teams and are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You are passionate about building a customer-centric business that will impart lasting change to the financial services industry.
This role is remote eligible. We are hiring in all states except CO.
- Understand the financial pain points that Americans in our target market experience on a regular basis
- Identify opportunities to improve Betterment’s existing customer experience, with a focus on tools that are used by our teams regularly to provide a five-star customer experience; seek out areas to improve customer-facing experiences that would complement those tooling improvements
- Translate those pain points (ex: customer wait times) and insights into conversion-oriented product solutions that are valuable, usable, and feasible, partnering closely with your design and engineering peers
- Execute priorities flawlessly, working with design, engineering, analytics, and marketing to produce documentation and milestones that ensure your solutions reach our user base as efficiently as possible
- Know when to A/B test and when to go full-steam ahead based on what your solutions are intended to achieve
- Know the success metrics for your product area and build the tracking plan to support it; understand and communicate how the work that you’re prioritizing is helping drive those metrics
- Develop a deep level of user empathy through product data, competitive analysis, and user research
- Product management experience in a software development setting or similar environment
- Always puts the customer first when making short and long term product decisions
- Demonstrated success at communicating, prioritizing, and balancing needs cross-functionally
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive implementation of alternative servicing channels
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-inspired decision making
- Ability to build strong relationships across functions within an organization
- A big plus: experience with high-consideration products and/or highly regulated industries
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote