Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a Senior product manager to join our storage team to define and manage the evolution of DigitalOcean Spaces — our object storage platform & CDN (Content Delivery Network). Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will own developing the object storage business including expanding customer adoption and usage growth, and raising the bar in ensuring we deliver the best possible customer experience.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for growth and onboarding initiatives
- Drive our go-to-market approach, including pricing, marketing, and customer success engagements
- Collaborate closely with geographically dispersed engineering teams during the development phases
- Provide direction to target untapped market potential, expansion of existing markets or market growth in new verticals
- Develop and communicate vision and strategy to executive and leadership teams.
- Experience working as a product manager for storage, data, cloud or other infrastructure software offerings
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus
- Track record of taking ownership and getting results
- Sound business judgments
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and formulate data-driven decisions
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities amid ambiguity
- Empathy for users
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!