Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain Portfolio at Peloton
The Peloton Business Operations Systems team is seeking a Senior Product Manager to drive end to end consistency and connected decision making across our Capability Portfolio. As a fast growing company with a lot to do, prioritization and alignment is critical to our success and this role will be the driver of global cross-functional alignment. Operating as the Portfolio lead, you will work with the Functional Product leads to define our operating rhythm and communications pattern, ensuring the team meets the needs of key stakeholders and is maximizing value delivered for resources spent. You will be accountable to maintain an always visible portfolio view that represents all work in flight and its value, as well as future looking roadmaps that show dependencies across product verticals, highlighting where we may have misalignment or resource gaps. The role will require you to wear many hats, moving quickly from prioritization and comms to cross-functional Product leadership as it pertains to requirements from our global team and other special projects that cross the Functional towers or require additional leadership. As a key leader within the organization, you will have the opportunity for big impact and the associated leadership exposure while you assist the Peloton Supply Chain in developing best in class capabilities that ensure our infrastructure remains a competitive advantage as we continue to grow our business.
Drive the Product Management lifecycle
- Own Product Team Communications - Share the Product message far and wide, operating as both a megaphone and a microphone to ensure we are communicating well but also listening to the needs of our stakeholders and working partner teams
- Measure the ‘Net Promoter Score’ for the Product Team - create and execute on a measurement system to gather feedback and the satisfaction of our internal stakeholders and partners
- Maintain the Portfolio and Drive Prioritization - maintain a consolidated view of global priority across the functional towers in a toolset that is easily accessible and understood by internal stakeholders
- Ensure Quality Scoping - hold a high bar for business case development across the functional towers - ensure capability goals, required team(s) and effort, and desired impacts are clearly visible
- Set Portfolio Management best practices across the Product teams and our partners:
- Drive large scale trade-offs
- Identify, track, and help resolve cross-portfolio dependencies and conflicts
- Seek out capacity ‘leaks’, areas where teams are spending time that are not aligned to portfolio
- Demonstrate to the business and partner teams the value of Product management - Promote the Product framework, governance, and processes
- Evaluate resource utilization across the matrix teams, assigning the shared resource pool to the highest priority objectives and mitigating risk of unplanned resource issues
- Develop and foster relationships with Business Leaders, the IT service owners, project managers, portfolio stakeholders, and external partners
Protect the Team and Streamline Intake
- Evaluate changes in the business, both physical locations and operating model changes, to manage intake of new requests to protect the Product Managers from unplanned work
- Operate closely with the functional teams outside the US, understanding their pain points and challenging the Product teams to take into account their unique needs
- Lead Special Project initiatives that cross Functional Towers, enabling a consolidated view across Product Owners in scenarios where a single threaded leader is needed
Serve as a Supply Chain Product SME
- Dive in to learn how our SC works and know what each Functional Product Team is driving at all times
- Provide leadership and management/mentorship and coaching of Product Managers, teaching and executing on best practice implementation across the team
- Share Best Practices on Ways of Working - identifying key measures and monitoring to ensure we are doing the right things and improving in each product iteration
- Understand impacts of a program on all other aspects of the supply chain, helping the Functional Product Leads to identify external dependencies
- Take a “Big Picture” view - overseeing and ensuring integration between the newly deployed capabilities, capabilities already existing, and those on other departments roadmaps
- Clear communicator with keen ability to present findings in succinct presentations; experience with executive communications and ability to tell a great story around work critical to the company's mission
- Successfully managed a large portfolio (example - 10 active projects) with multiple business stakeholders
- Experience in implementing and maintaining accurate key performance measures relating to Product and/or PMO best practices such as building Business Case Definition, Product Requirements Documentation, Staffing Models, Waterfall/Agile/Scrum methodologies, experience with traditional SDLC methodologies a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in cross-functional project management; 1-2 years’ relevant supply chain experience in operational or consulting roles
- Proven track record of successful program deployments with quantifiable results where you operated in a leadership role
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented worker - ability to keep track of project impacting details and manage multiple, simultaneous programs with competing priorities
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have a willingness to dig in and contribute as a part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with Google Suite (Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Experience with cloud-based program management tools: Confluence, Jira, SmartSheets, Monday.com
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems are a big plus - including but not limited to ERP systems, Transportation Management Systems, Quality Management Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.