Senior Product Manager, Tax Technology at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Our Tax Technology team is hiring a Senior Product Manager to focus on building the taxation services that power Justworks’ payroll products and help model the complex world of taxation in software that is fast, accurate, and scalable. Payroll is an essential function of any business, and the demands of accurately calculating and reporting taxes are a lot to take on. We simplify payroll tax compliance so that our customers can focus on what they do best.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a product leader on a mission-critical team and work closely with various stakeholders across the business to ensure that we are enabling the Payments and Tax Unit to scale its operations. We’re looking for people that have a passion for solving real-world problems and the strong product fundamentals needed to solve them.What You Will Work On
- Design products, services, and APIs that power tax computation, withholding, and reporting for Justworks customers
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product designers, fellow product managers, and other stakeholders to bring new products and features to our customers
- Channel empathy for our internal stakeholders to create better user experiences with an eye towards making workflows easier and more efficient
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data, and existing Justworks data
- Partner with and lead cross-functional teams like Design, Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc. to set product vision and strategy
- Define and socialize the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals
- Create specifications and testing plans, identify and mitigate potential risks, holding our work to high quality standards
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Go deep into both technical huddles with engineers and strategic discussions with leadership
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency; continuously prioritize needs of customers and internal stakeholders, and reassess as needed
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measuring success post-launch and iterating
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
As a Senior Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of software product management experience, with demonstrated wins
- Experience in Tax, Payroll, or other highly regulated, complex spaces a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to learn new complex, domains quickly
- You have a product mindset and track record of managing a prioritized roadmap
- You have experience with writing product requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- Agile methodology knowledge and experience
- General acumen with analytics and data tools & concepts (SQL, Business Intelligence Tools, A/B testing, etc)
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEIB Report and Our DEI Commitment