Senior Product Manager at Turing
Turing is a venture-backed company in the blockchain space. We previously led research at some of the top digital currency publications in the world and have worked with several companies building blockchain-based protocols in areas as diverse as gaming, finance and geolocation.
We’re developing a protocol of our own and looking for a senior product manager who has an insatiable curiosity towards blockchain technology. The protocol will allow musicians and influencers to issue their own blockchain-based currencies. We plan to launch later this year with a small set of artists.
While we don’t require you to have direct experience in the blockchain space or the music industry, we’re looking for someone who can pick up the core concepts quickly, evaluate possible features, and help prioritize which ones are essential for the product to be successful.
Each team member has over four years of blockchain experience and comes from leading institutions like CoinDesk, Smith+Crown and the Ethereum Foundation. You’ll be learning from some of the top minds in the industry.
We’re excited about you because:
- You can synthesize and inform the product vision and strategy across cross-functional teams
- You can maintain and prioritize the product roadmap and backlog, taking into account short to long term priorities and cross-functional partners’ capacities and goals
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy
- You can gather requirements, conduct user interviews, synthesize user needs, define functional specifications / user stories, and create wireframes, prototypes, or user flows to communicate ideas between design, engineering and operational teams
- You work alongside cross-functional teams to ensure that product requirements are built to spec, deployed to a quality level on time, and provide the results you predicted
- You can closely monitor analytics and perform quantitative analysis that will help guide product decisions
- You take ownership for the success of the product
- You understand the importance of thorough, yet concise documentation for the product team and company at large
- You can clearly communicate the qualitative and quantitative measures of progress and results of the product to the company
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and passionate about building
We’re looking for someone who’s willing to take risks and make a big impact while building product best practices within the company. Beyond product discovery, definition and shipping, you may be responsible for marketing, support, and potentially selling the product to customers.
As our first product hire, you’ll be conceiving and driving ideas of your own. You are the voice of the customer in product conversations and architecting the vision for the product strategy. We’re counting on you to identify and own the right requirements for the product as well as the course the product will take over time. We need you to have the technical aptitude and experience to work closely with engineers and evaluate different approaches to implementing product features.
We’re looking for someone with an ability to share thoughts relentlessly and frequently. We see this as the best way to cross-pollinate ideas and spark innovation. An ideal background is someone who’s been a PM at a fintech, consumer tech or social commerce company and looking to move into the blockchain space.
This role requires someone who is customer-centric, extremely organized, data-driven and thrives on solving hard problems.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of experience managing and producing digital products that you are proud to represent
- Experience taking ideas from conception to release for both mobile and web products
- Experience prototyping with Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision etc.
- Experience integrating usability studies and market analysis into product specs
- Experience with reporting and analytics software
- Experience with A/B multivariate testing
- Capable of performing complex data analysis
- An innate ability to simplify complex concepts through design and logic
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Superb organization and time management
- Closely involved in the launch of a mobile app
- Meticulous attention to detail and a great eye for product design
- Lives in NY (Tri-state area) or willing to relocate to New York for this opportunity
Nice to have / Bonus:
- Experience coaching or mentoring product managers on best practices
- A cursory understanding of blockchain technology
- Experience as a product manager at a fintech or consumer tech company
If available, we’d like you to send over early product specifications that you’ve written, or any whitepapers or strategic documents you’ve developed from past projects.