Senior Product Manager at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager to help scale the payment experience for our customers. Our mission is to help businesses get the most out of their finances to sustain their success today, tomorrow, and in the future. We will do this by providing:
- The tools they need to pay anyone, anywhere, compliantly
- The benefits they need to attract and retain the best available talent
- The insights they need to inform strategic decisions
You are a problem solver who is devoted to assisting customers through their struggles. You have a bias towards action to get things done and move the business forward. You are analytical in nature, digging into and questioning everything. You are constantly curious about understanding new and emerging technologies and trends, and are eager to contribute your visions and strategies to a creative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
As a Senior Product Manager for Time & Attendance, you will act as an advocate of the Justworks product and everything it entails. You will leverage your experience working with analytics tools such as Pendo and Redash to define a product strategy and roadmap in partnership with your team and stakeholders. You will be responsible for understanding the market and conducting deep dives into direct and indirect competitors, payments industry, and FinTech trends.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Define a product strategy and roadmap in partnership with your team and stakeholders
- Understand the market – deep dive into direct and indirect competitors, payments industry, and FinTech trends
- Gather insights — including customer research, business intelligence, product analytics and stakeholder feedback — to inform your hypotheses
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and internal stakeholders using evidence-based decision-making, reassessing as needed
- Collaborate with functions across the business, including Engineering, Design, Payments & Tax Unit, Product Marketing, Customer Support, and Sales
- Set measurable goals that guide your team’s execution approach
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and the business, with an eye on future growth
- Communicate product priorities across the company, seeking feedback on an ongoing basis
- Inspire and support your team to drive meaningful results for the business
As a Senior Product Manager- Payment Experience, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience in the payments space, or equivalent
- Track record of building and shipping successful products with demonstrated wins
- Ability to learn the Justworks domains quickly (benefits, payments, insurance, HR, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- Highly collaborative and can pivot your approach to get to the best collective outcome
- Experienced working with agile development processes
- Energized by solving very complex product problems
- Growth mindset and bring positive energy in the face of adversity
- You have a technical background
- You have an understanding of SaaS SMB products
- You have SQL knowledge
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment