Senior Product Manager
Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
Paxos is seeking a talented and driven Senior Product Manager for its distributed ledger platform, Bankchain. The role will be focused on post-trade processing of securities on a blockchain. You will be a core member of the Paxos organization and lead a cross-functional team that includes user experience designers, engineers and automated test engineers. You will work closely with all business stakeholders, the founders and most importantly, the customers.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Use product best practices to do product discovery and validate assumptions across industry post-trade problem areas to determine the product roadmap. Success is measured by designing features that positively impact the desired KPIs for the product
- Design and operationalize a framework to prioritize product deliverables and ensure optimum utilization of time and resources on the most high impact items. Success is measured by consistently clear alignment of goals and priorities with internal stakeholders (engineering, sales etc.).
- Design and operationalize a framework to conduct user testing sessions with customers to gain insights throughout the product life cycle. Success is measure by surfacing actionable product insights that impact the business positively.
- Consistently translate product insights into deliverables for the designers to build and deliver exceptional user experience. Success is measured by the ability to do this seamlessly and at scale without any loss in context.
How to achieve the Outcomes
Technical Acumen Required:
- Strong understanding of modern product best practices and techniques including agile, “lean startup” and MVP principles. Someone who has executed these best practices, and implemented it multiple times with positive results.
- Ability to assess new opportunities and evaluate against each other based on the most important criteria
- Strong level of quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to make data-driven decisions
- Communicate clearly with engineers, designers, business stakeholders and customers by developing clear user stories, mock-ups and prototypes
Commitment to Excellence:
- Commitment to and accountability for completion of high quality deliverables. Not giving up easily when faced with challenges
- Coordinate necessary conversation across stakeholder groups to achieve goals and execute on projects
- Obsession with delivering value to customers and validating with data
Give candid, real-time feedback:
- Partner closely with Engineering to manage project scope and ensure the technical deliverables are met. Ensure that Product and Engineering are equal owners in building the product in both spirit and action
- Ability to disagree with team members and project stakeholders without destroying the trust you have built with them. Do this by consistently articulating POVs or disagreements based on outcomes and with data points (qualitative or quantitative)
- Highly effective in leading by influence, without explicit reporting authority. This makes them a ninja in effectively facilitating cross-team work and are influential far beyond their immediate team. Capable of driving groups with disparate interests to make good decisions, and seeing those decisions through to execution.
- Takes initiative wherever possible to fill gaps in project execution within skillset
- Identify obstacles, analyze possible solutions and engage team members to overcome blocking items
- Strong organizational skills demonstrated by effectively simultaneously managing numerous projects and prioritizing time based on the relative priority of the projects to one another and project deadlines
Search for the Truth: Willing to Be Wrong:
- Be willing to abandon assumptions in order to make the best decisions in the context of the current domain
- Willing to challenge assumptions that are not validated and use data to make the case
- Understand that not all ideas will work out, ability to quickly pivot based on findings or reject ideas
- Don’t fall in love with pet projects, understands that everything is an experiment and be willing to abandon if something is not working
- Incorporates feedback of others within the organization
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.