Senior Product Manager at TrialSpark
At TrialSpark, our mission is to bring new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, running a clinical trial is a deeply manual process. It requires many hours of coordination and documentation to ensure the protection of patient safety, informed consent, and the integrity of trial data. To do this, it takes years (sometimes decades) and millions of dollars—which means that only a tiny fraction of promising new treatments ever get tested, let alone make it into the hands of patients who need them most.
We’re building a single technology and data platform to power full clinical trials. Join us in advancing the speed of medical research and getting new treatments to patients faster.What you will do
In this role, you’ll be a Product lead on Pilot, TrialSpark’s proprietary platform for running end-to-end clinical trials. This platform is responsible for enabling our operations team to capture high-quality data at scale. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with our clinical and operations teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap for Pilot.
- Establishing clear goals and outcomes for the team, and advocating for resources to ensure the team is set up for success
- Communicating regularly with company leaders and stakeholders to ensure everyone is informed and the team remains unblocked
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to understand engineering complexity, define MVPs, and ensure product excellence through launch and iteration
In your first 6-12 months, you can expect to work on a wide range of projects, including:
- Redesigning Pilot’s no-code form builder to make it even easier to define/configure trial data collection workflows
- Shaping workflows for data managers and biostatisticians to standardize, clean, and analyze clinical research data
- Partnering with the data science team to develop sophisticated anomaly detection tools to catch data errors
- Creating oversight tools for operations teams to understand trial status and ensure every step of the trial is being completed according to regulatory standards
- Originating new trial operations tools as our platform grows!
- You have 4+ years of product management experience.
- You can learn extremely quickly; It’s your job to become an expert on clinical trials - from how studies are designed to how the FDA approves a new drug.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans and roadmaps
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- You are an excellent communicator - both verbal and written - and are a highly structured thinker
- You are a productivity nerd that’s passionate about building tools to make others more efficient. You enjoy trying out new productivity tools and have strong opinions - well-formed but weakly held - on productivity and workflow tools.
- TrialSpark: Who are we?
- Mission and Purpose at TrialSpark: Why we do what we do