Senior Product Manager
Squarespace is seeking strategic product leaders to build products that help people with creative ideas succeed. We believe the next generation of independent business will compete by building world-class brands and connecting directly with their customers. Our suite of tools help them do that, supporting them as they grow their ideas from concepts to established businesses.
You will be an integral part of a product team that is building a fast growing platform, powering millions of businesses.
We are hiring for Product Management roles in:
- Content Management: This team focuses on our core CMS platform that powers millions of websites. The kinds of questions you will be asked to think about include: what will the websites of tomorrow look like? How can we best make setting up a website a seamless and undaunting experience?
- Marketing Tools: This team focuses on empowering our users to grow their businesses by helping them attract, engage, convert, and retain their customers. The kinds of questions you will be asked to think about include: how might we be able to help our customers attract new audiences and broaden their reach?
- Commerce: This team focuses on developing next-generation e-commerce products for merchants. The kinds of questions you will be asked to think about include: what will the best-of-class e-commerce experiences of tomorrow look like?
- Analytics: This team focuses on providing customers with insights to make data-informed decisions about their brands and businesses. The kinds of questions you will be asked to think about include: how can we best help businesses measure their success and make recommendations to help them achieve their goals?
- Growth: This team focuses on helping customer discover, sign up, and pay for Squarespace, and growing our business along the way. We are looking for PMs focused on everything from onboarding to checkout and payments to international expansion. The kinds of questions you will be asked to think about include: How can we redesign getting started to help customer build a viable website sooner? What changes can we make to checkout to improve conversion rates?
You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; you also possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- Drive product development—from conception to launch—of the products and product solutions you are accountable for
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Partner with engineers and designers to create extraordinary products
- Partner with marketing and customer operations to bring new products and features to market, including activities like launch messaging and customer support.
- Identify and track key qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluating the impact of the product initiatives you spearhead, and for informing future investment decisions
- Work collaboratively to ensure consistency across all Squarespace products
- 8+ years of experience in product management, ideally in companies building technology for small businesses, or related field
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Proven track record of leading successful products
- Extensive experience leading product teams in an Agile environment
- Strong drive to simplify
- Strong balance of both analytical and creative thinking
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Squarespace products
- Technical background preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders