Senior Product Manager
Do your friends think you’re a secret DJ by night since you’re always using words like Trello, Mixpanel, and Clubhouse? Do you stand in the perfectly optimized spot on the subway platform? Do you find yourself dreaming in hypotheses? If so, you might just be the product manager we’re looking for!
Imagine yourself working on one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving for that pain at scale and we need you to help us.
We’re looking for an experienced & empathetic Senior Product Manager who is excited about making an immediate impact on our business. As a rapidly growing startup, there is a lot to figure out and we need people who thrive in ambiguity and an environment of cohesive but rapid change.
You’ll be the fourth product person on the team, reporting directly to our VP of Product. We take the craft of product management seriously and while right now we focus the majority of our energy on outcomes for the company and user, we also spend real time on guidance, training, and education to grow the skills of our product people.
What You’ll Do
- Lead product development initiatives in partnership with Design and Tech Lead partners
- Run user, competitor, and market research
- Define strategy and goals
- Model potential opportunities and lead prioritization within your product area
- Write lean product specs
- Work with the Design team to deliver the best possible user experience
- Continuously propose new experiments to improve conversion and user engagement
- Collaborate with CX to respond to user needs and NPS findings
- Mentor other PMs and product-enthusiasts within Updater
What You Have
- 4-8 years of experience in product management, at least 2 years focused on consumer-facing, mobile-centric experiences
- Optimism and a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- A desire for collaboration and knowledge of how to drive decision-making
- Experience collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to uncover actionable insights and drive forward decisions
- Strong experience in setting hypotheses, deciding between various types of testing (A/B, multivariate, interviews, surveys, etc), and leading efficient test execution
- Knowledge of how to balance data with intuition when necessary
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting
- A passion for user research and user testing, and experience analysis of user feedback and behavior
- Experience as a strategic design thinker, a collaborator and a champion of the user
- Humility; a constant desire to grow and learn
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.