Senior Product Manager at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Tech covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
The Website Engagement team is focused on increasing engagement of potential new members with WeWork.com to drive membership growth. More tactically, the team is focused on building engaging experiences on the website that communicate WeWork value proposition and product offerings to potential new members.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Improve the brand perception among potential members that WeWork serves diverse clients from startups to Large Enterprises.
- Filling WeWork’s global sales pipeline with high quality sales leads to each of our markets around the world so WeWork can continue to grow at a rapid pace.
- Creating immersive, digital experiences that give customers confidence in purchasing an office without seeing it in person
- Enable regional marketing teams to tailor the website to suit the needs of their region
- Improve the efficiency of every dollar spent on marketing to help us lower acquisition costs.
We are looking to hire a seasoned product manager focused on Website Engagement. You’ll be spending most of your time solving product problems with engineers, designers and business stakeholders.
- Become a subject matter expert in our acquisition strategy including our segments, audiences, marketing channels (paid, organic, etc.) and all of the technology and data that supports it.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to define problems and drive revenue.
- Define a product vision and get buy-in on that vision from executives and your peers.
- Work with designers to create user experiences based on research and evidence.
- Work with the engineering team to find the right technological solutions for building our products.
- Treat your peers with the utmost respect to help maintain a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Initiate, spec, and manage products and features aimed at audience growth.
- Run our agile process by building an organized backlog, leading stand-ups, etc.
- Be flexible -- we’re a fast moving business and changes in the organization and priorities are inevitable.
- Mentor and guide junior PMs on the team to help them achieve their own career goals while also helping drive the team’s goals.
- Be positive under pressure. (And thrive working in a fast-paced environment with deadlines).
- 4-7 years of Technical Product Management experience in an agile environment.
- You have shipped multiple products and can speak to the process of designing and building them with great detail.
- You have high emotional intelligence to relate the products you are building with the needs of our Members and maintain a healthy team culture.
- You blend design thinking and data driven approach to build innovative products.
- You are a great communicator, detail oriented, and a great cross-collaborator when working with other departments within the company.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and aren’t intimidated to stand up for what is in the best interest of the product / your team.
- You are very organized -- you write detailed user stories in Jira, maintain your backlog and set clear goals that are shared throughout the organization.
- You have a deep understanding of software design, data structures, APIs, QA, etc.