Senior Product Manager
Honest Buildings is seeking a dynamic Product Manager who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team. We’re looking for someone analytically minded, highly organized, and tech savvy with outstanding communication skills who can get things done and is passionate about developing a world class product for our clients. You'll be the product owner of one of our squads, and work hand in hand with our VP of Product and Director of Design on a daily basis to shape the future of our product.
Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. This is a unique opportunity to help build a product that’s having a huge impact on the way the commercial real estate industry operates. If you like solving complex problems and creating solutions to scale for a major industry, let’s talk!
- Deliver great products and features:
- Create briefs for new products and features, and present your ideas to leadership and relevant stakeholders for buy-in.
- Collaborate with our design and research team's to explore different concepts, then test them with real customers.
- Understand customer needs to create user stories that support product and feature initiatives.
- Work with the engineering team to balance business priorities and technical trade-offs for delivering newly designed products and features.
- Own the go to market planning for releasing products and features into market.
- Conduct detailed analyses on product performance, track ongoing metrics, and drive decision making around what we should do next.
- Serve as the communication backbone for your area of ownership:
- Meet with customers on a weekly basis.
- Communicate new product releases to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Lead periodic meetings with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to discuss new features.
- Present regularly to the executive team on product progress.
- Shape the product roadmap and delivery process:
- Own the roadmap for your product area.
- Conduct market studies and gather customer feedback to figure out the right thing to build next.
- Collect feedback and ideas from customers, sales, marketing, and our executive team on what customers need.
- Keep tabs on industry news and conduct competitive analysis.
- Help hone our product delivery processes and tools for efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, preferably for a B2B product. You will start Day 1 with direct responsibility for products and will be in a position to continue to gain more responsibility as the company grows.
- Ability to manage complex initiatives and to get things done with limited oversight.
- Highly articulate and persuasive. Able to converse with many different types of people including customers, executive team members, engineers, salespeople, and customer success team members.
- Analytical mindset. Fluency with numbers (especially messy ones that don’t give you all the info you need) and ability to use this data to help inform your decision making.
- Curiosity. You don’t necessarily need to have a background in technology or real estate but you need to have a passion for asking questions and trying to understand why.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter Benefits
- Be a serious player in a market that is massively larger than others you may know ($4.5Tn in CRE vs. $1.5Tn in E-Commerce, $100Bn's in Transportation)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays, catered every week
- An open, sunny workspace with great views
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites--Great office culture!
Why should you consider working at Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.