Senior Product Manager at OkCupid
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:17 p.m. (EST) on Monday, October 28, 2019
OkCupid is looking to hire a Senior (Technical) Product Manager!
OkCupid is the best online dating product on Earth! Our iOS and Android apps are some of the highest-rated on the market. Statistically speaking, odds are that someone you know has found a date on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around).
Area of responsibility:
- Product vision and strategy, road-mapping, goal setting, A/B testing and testing roadmap, competitive analysis, analytics, spec writing
- Remove barriers that prevent engineers and designers from launching great products quickly; be an internal resource for team leaders when they have questions about the product roadmap, platform integrations, and launch schedules. You will coordinate product release schedules with a team of engineers and designers.
- Research and consumer insights: Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative user testing and analytics into the decision-making and product road-mapping processes. Develop user testing plans and document findings. Identify customers behaviors and needs through research and analysis.
- Enabler of others: Empower and collaborate with our engineers and designers to build the best products possible.
- Experimentation: Analyze, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Product development process optimization. You are passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- 5-7 years of experience in Program/Product and Project management
- Someone with a product sensibility and point of view
- Highly analytical; strong preference for candidates with the technical skills to self-serve on analytical toolkits including facility with SQL. Experience with statistical tools such as R is not needed.
- Experienced with a variety of analytical toolkits including the following (or similar): Tableau, Looker, Optimizely, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Taplytics, etc.
- Experienced in research techniques – both qualitative and quantitative
- Focused on enabling engineers and designers to do their best work
- Passionate about consumer products
- Moderately technical
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description