Senior Product Manager at theSkimm
Our team is a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on building products Skimm’rs love. We are responsible for our products from conception to launch, and we collaborate with teammates from design, engineering, user research, data analytics, editorial, marketing, and sales to bring our ideas to life.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Own the vision for how we integrate news into the daily routines of millions of millennial women as their lives evolve and habits change.
- Build alignment around that vision and translate it into a compelling product roadmap that spans across mobile, web, and email.
- Partner with editorial, design, and engineering to execute on the roadmap, testing hypotheses and iterating along the way.
- Partner with user research and data analytics to understand user pain points and identify opportunities to improve.
- Create clear launch goals and success metrics based on user and business objectives, and continuously track towards them.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join us. You’ve got the basics of PMing down and know how to scale products users already love. You're passionate about news and are excited to take our mobile apps, website, and newsletters to the next level.
- 4+ years professional experience managing news or content driven products
- Strategic: anticipates scaling challenges and opportunities, and plans ahead to ensure positive outcomes for the long term
- Analytical: synthesizes quantitative and qualitative data to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Executional ownership: breaks down projects to MVPs and works cross functionally to bring them to life
- Passionate: excited to work closely with our editorial team to build innovative news experiences for millennial women
- Results-oriented: focuses on the end goal and thoughtfully refines processes when necessary to ensure success
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, prepare to vote, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.