Senior Product Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s product, design, engineering, and editorial teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. Reporting to theSkimm’s Chief Product Officer, you will own the product vision, roadmap, and execution of theSkimm’s core news products across app, web, and email. You’ll work cross-functionally across the entire organization to create innovative experiences that deliver information into the routines of theSkimm’s audience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Own product vision, roadmap, and execution for theSkimm’s core news products across app, web, and email
- Lead cross-functional teams with design, engineering, editorial, insights, and marketing to drive product creation and iteration
- Take a user-centric, data and research-informed approach to understanding behaviors and opportunities for new products
- Create clear goals based on business objectives, and efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for both the business and users
- Build alignment for the vision and roadmap across the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of product management experience, ideally at a consumer product company
- Demonstrated track record of driving successful end to end product development
- Strong product and user instincts with a passion for creating great consumer experiences
- Outcome oriented: leverages data and research to drive successful results and work collaboratively to get there
- Strong communicator with the ability to lead and influence teams
- Ability to think on your feet - you’re a problem solver and creative thinker who knows how to execute and hustle
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.