Senior Product Manager at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
At Bread, Product Managers own product vision, strategy and roadmap, working closely with engineers and designers to build products that our merchants, members and other users love. We’re looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are both creative and strategic to come up with innovative products that will help us achieve our mission of transforming consumer finance.
Bread’s business sits at the center of consumer lending, ecommerce conversion, payments, fraud and identity verification. We’re looking for a product person who isn’t afraid to dig into any of these areas and who is excited to work all our users, including merchants, borrowers, developers, regulators, lending partners and internal teams, to continue growing our portfolio of products.
As the Senior Product Manager for Partnerships, you will be responsible for customizing the Bread platform to meet the user experience, decisioning, originations, and servicing needs of Bread’s bank partnerships. This will enable Bread and banks to co-sell the Bread platform to enterprise level merchants to drive sales for their eCommerce sites in the US and internationally.
- Own the strategy, roadmap and project plan for launching Bread’s first bank partnerships in close partnership with our Partnerships, Operations, Risk, Product, Engineering and Finance teams.
- Partner with the Partnerships Engineering Lead to launch and iterate on the user experience, decisioning, originations, and servicing for payments made through Bread’s platform.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to uncover opportunity areas to drive additional volume through merchants acquired via Bank partnership
- Assess the ROI of those initiatives to determine which initiatives would be most impactful particular to and across partnerships and prioritize across opportunities accordingly
- Build consensus on product priorities and communicate this vision to stakeholders and across the company.
- Partner with the Partnerships Engineering Lead as a core driver of Partnerships team culture.
- Triage and partner with Engineering to address any issues or defects in the services and systems owned by the Partnerships Team.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, including experience in FinTech
- Experience collaborating closely with stakeholders and engineers to prioritize and bring features to market through an Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience working with international and domestic partners
- Previous experience developing data-driven product stories from analysis of raw data (Knowledge of SQL a plus)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and project management skills