Senior Product Manager at BuzzFeed
We’re looking for an experienced senior product manager who is eager to help us drive retention and loyalty across BuzzFeed. You’ll be the product lead on a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists across two squads that are focused on creating a differentiated and compelling site experience that our users will love and return to.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a strategy for driving retention and loyalty across our products by working with your other team leads and partners throughout the entire organization
- Your purview over the core site experience would span BuzzFeed.com as well as our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, and Apple News pages.
- You would closely collaborate with our app team with the potential (but not requirement) to also manage an additional product manager
- You would be responsible for thinking through how people are interacting with and coming to our various pages and empowered to create a strategy for the best way to drive retention and a deeper level of engagement
- You would be expected to help set the team strategy, prioritize the team’s work, write OKRs for individual products or projects, and communicate and coordinate the team’s plans with stakeholders within and outside of Tech
A Few Examples of Current Team Projects
- Launching a new user profile experience
- Creating new ways to reward engagement and establish habitual user behavior
- Improving our notifications system
- Improvements to the quiz taking experience
- Creating ways to subscribe to topics to improve and personalize the site experience
Who You Are
- Experienced: You have hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, with a slant towards a consumer experience and how that drives the business and 5+ years of product management experience
- Collaborative and communicative: You have a demonstrated ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists -- experience working with business and editorial stakeholders is a plus
- Curious, analytical, and proactive: You don’t merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to collaborate with and help influence senior leaders across the company to advance the team’s vision and product strategy in a fairly complex problem space
About BuzzFeed Tech
BuzzFeed Tech is a group of about 150 product managers, engineers, data scientists, and designers that are focused on building great products and content experiences that bring our audience joy and truth. We’re a collaborative and friendly bunch that works in a typical agile way with sprints, JIRA, OKRs, and a close working relationship with management.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.