Senior Product Manager at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
MedArrive exists to expand access to care, drive efficiency, and reduce healthcare expenses by supporting an under-utilized healthcare resource: EMS providers. With COVID-19, we offer actionable solutions to immediately relieve the burden facing our healthcare system. Our mission is simple, Improving people's lives by bringing more humanity to healthcare in the home.
We are a fast-growing start-up looking for a senior & creative technical leader who has new product and scaling experience with preferably a background in the healthcare or consumer industries.
As our Senior Product Manager, you will partner with our executive leadership and the engineering team in order to finalize the vision for our MV product. Your goal is to develop our products for hospital systems, patients, and EMS providers. From scheduling an at-home visit across these three stakeholders, matching the applicable EMS provider for the trip via a marketplace algorithm, generating a seamless trip journey for all stakeholders, and conducting tele-health visits, MedArrive aims to bring humanity back to healthcare with a seamless product experience that all our users will love.
In this role, you will be responsible for the core experience, back-end requirements, and constant evolution and metric measurement of features. You will work closely with a high performing engineering team to launch our first tech products, and also understand requirements from customers and operations to keep evolving and improving technical solutions that scale as the company scales. .
You will report to and work with the COO and CoFounder of the company at our New York City headquarters. This role is 100% remote.What you'll do:
- Finalize the product vision for our MVP
- Gather business requirements from our partners, customers, stakeholders, and internal resources to understand the problems and requirements to build our first tech products
- Build workflows, wireframes, hi-fidelity designs, and prototypes with the engineering team to get product out there to test product market fit
- Ability to conduct user research, usability studies and translate that research into jobs to be done boards for the engineering team to build tasks against
- Develop a prioritization and ROI framework for implementing features, fixing bugs, and justifying a short term and a long term roadmap of projects
- Be data first, and able to track metrics and report on feature & product usage to the broader team
- Be an owner, and make sure to drive the business with growth hacks, product UI excellence, and always go that extra mile of making sure copywriting, color scheme, and consistency is always top notch for our products
- Develop a product roadmap for our 12 month product vision
- Design the whole offer, which means, taking ownership of customer support technology, enabling sales with product demos and listening to their requests, thinking through the ordering process, and much more.
- Develop enterprise facing tech product to enable the delivery of care in the home that seamlessly integrates with provider systems and workflows and payor systems
- Select and deploy our scalable infrastructure
- Execute and launch mobile & web consumer products on various mobile native & webview platforms
- Institute robust product development processes and sprint cadence working collaboratively across engineers and operations and our external partners
- Drive engineering team with scrum organization and ability to prioritize and demo features as they launch or as new requests come in
- Own the iteration of design of these products with external designers
- Collaborate cross functionality and interface directly with our partners to develop a high quality product and user experience
- Meet the business’s demands on scalability, accuracy, robustness and speed to market.
- Partner with peers across operations and business to ensure the UIs you launch have a stable enough framework / platform that others can quickly iterate on top of our initial launches
- Use specific language
- 4+ years of product management experience, ideally in an innovative healthcare environment
- Robust experience working directly with engineers and designers
- “Full stack” data experience, i.e. have sketched out the questions you want to solve, enabled the tracking to get it done, and then built the queries and dashboards to prove it
- Healthcare background, in particular provider side product
- Candidates with demonstrable product thinking, and 4+ years at a company that ideally has driven a lean engineering team
- Prior experience collaborating with designers to launch front end features preferred
- Prior experience collaborating with engineers with demonstrated ability to understand and tradeoff engineering cost against business goals preferred
- Demonstrated analytic capability. SQL competency a plus
- Demonstrated ability with React Native, 3rd party APIs, and understanding complex hospital system interfaces
- Exceptional Product Experience: Passionate about UX and some experience with wireframing, user research, and user testing.
- Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Action Oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem and portfolio
- Annual learning stipend
- 16-week parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office