Senior Product Operations Manager
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Operations Manager to join Dailymotion Operations Team. The Senior Product Operations Manager will oversee product operations projects (see below). The Senior Product Operations Manager will also have to coordinate the go-to-market approach when working on strategic developments with the product and partnership teams.
Dailymotion has launched its own private video SSP and ad exchange and is now looking for an advertising expert to manage monetization with its main demand partners and to manage video inventory locally as well as display partnerships.
Product Operation Projects: You will drive and execute product operations projects (global projects and your own project portfolio):
- Design, spec and lead projects that fall within the scope of product operations and ad-delivery
- Orchestrate project operational roll out and act as a safeguard to protect monetization revenues during project deployment phases
- Familiarity with iFrame, Script, HTML technologies ( Display Ads) and at least one video ad server (DFP, proprietary, etc) – display ad server knowledge
- Recover, summarize and escalate relevant technical failures to technical support and ad-engineers
- Example of recent/on-going projects: ad-serving and SSP migration, S2S cookie integration, inventory tiering, SDK implementation for viewability
Transversal - Project and Product Management: You will interact on a regular basis with product managers and the ad engineering squad in order to ensure the success of product deployment:
- Assess pros and cons of upcoming product releases (product management team) and handle any preventive actions to ensure the prosperity of product deployment
- Provide feedback on product design and operational features in order to ensure the adoption of new products within the Ad Operations team
- Evangelize and train Ad Operations team on new product and provide detailed documentation
Global Operations: You will have to manage the execution and the technical deployment of global partnerships:
- Manage and integrate a portfolio of demand sources and oversee technical implementation: DSP (oRTB 2.2), Native placements (eg. front-end scripts), Header Bidding etc.
- Oversee operations of major monetization accounts in cooperation with the global business team and activate
- Act as a pivotal asset for any operational and technical discussion and participate in business and operational meetings
- Work as a referee for the execution of global monetization strategies (eg. Open Auction pricing, anti-adblock impact, etc.)
Analytics and Operational Monitoring: You will provide high-end monitoring and reporting to oversee the entire advertising activity:
- Prevent technical failures and monitoring platform KPIs: Impressions and STR variations, time-outs, inventory changes, and type etc.
- Identify new levers for operation optimization and escalate any new findings to the partnership development team
- Ensure monetization platform technical maintenance
Support and Evangelist Role: You will have to coordinate with local Ad Operations Managers and Business teams and act as a referee for technical issues escalation:
- Recover, summarize and escalate relevant technical failures to the product operations team or to the product management team
- Assess potential technical needs of business teams requiring internal developments (use-cases, specs, market benchmark, etc.)
- Act as a mentor and an evangelist within the organization and ensure a high level of communication regarding the product operations activity: Best practices, product updates, technical documentation etc.
- Ensure communication and coordination with business-oriented teams. Acting as a safeguard to protect monetization revenues during deployment phases
- At least 4 years of working experience in a product or technical account manager role within the digital advertising area
- An outstanding understanding and functional knowledge of technical market standards (Display, Rich Media, Native, Ad-serving, SSP, DSP, etc.)
- A previous experience in the programmatic industry is a prerequisite (publisher, trading desk, DSP, SSP, ad-networks, etc.). Experience in project management is a very big plus (scrum, agile, lean, etc.).
- You are a team worker, adaptable and resourceful:
- You are able to interact with several teams and handle projects of different nature (sales, product, etc.)
- You are adaptable within a fast changing “start-up” environment
- You are able to multitask and prioritize several projects at a time and take initiatives
- You are able to easily adapt to new tasks and move forward by yourself to ensure a successful resolution in front of unexpected problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.