Senior Product Partner Manager at DigitalOcean (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want a partnerships manager who cares about user experience and who is inspired to find and launch products and apps that developers love.
As a Partnerships Manager in Product you will connect with new and existing partners to grow our digital marketplace with more One-click applications and add-ons, helping our customers quickly find and start the tools, services, and integrations they need for their projects. For a select set of partners, you will manage deep, long-lived product collaborations, including white-label, co-branded, and embedded offerings, always seeking ways to maximize the relationship for both parties. You will be supported by the broader product and engineering teams as these partner offerings are integrated from a technical and user experience perspective.
You will collaborate with product partners that already have a relationship in place with DigitalOcean, finding meaningful ways to expand those partnerships. And you will inspire new partners that are looking to list their software in the DigitalOcean Marketplace. You will have an influence on guiding partner and Marketplace outcomes directly, and see product partnerships all the way through and beyond successful customer adoption of these partner-powered add-ons, features, and products. You'll have a substantial impact on DigitalOcean revenue and on the global developer community, helping others quickly bring their products to market on a platform that is loved by thousands of developers worldwide.What you'll be doing:
- You’ll manage the ongoing relationships with select white-label, co-branded, and embedded product partners for DigitalOcean.
- You’ll work closely with other product managers and product delivery teams at DigitalOcean to ensure they’re getting the most possible out of our product partnerships.
- You’ll collaborate with prospective partners to educate them on our Marketplace value proposition and you’ll own the entire business development process for our Marketplace, including driving vendor account lead building, onboarding, and conversion.
- You’ll enhance and evangelize the Marketplace partner strategy and programs internally and externally.
- You'll be an ambassador for the DigitalOcean brand and work to grow a thriving, vibrant, self-sustaining partner community around the Marketplace.
- You will engage partners in the Marketplace Forum and foster a collaborative inspirational environment for all who engage in the forum.
- You possess CRM and funnel mastery, constantly introducing new partners and guiding partners that are already in the process of converting to successfully list their software in the Marketplace.
- You care about DigitalOcean Vendors and Users and strive to deliver phenomenal customer service in a two-sided platform marketplace.
- You can help develop and communicate vision and strategy to executive and leadership teams.
- You have proven account development, account management, and partner program skills, a sense of the value of an ecosystem and platform business, and a passion for new technology and customer advocacy.
- You will survey the landscape and have a deep understanding of what software and tools are important and valuable to the greater DigitalOcean community.
- You will have a passion for helping DigitalOcean customers find and deploy the tools, services, and integrations they need for their own projects.
- You move fast, have good critical thinking, strong analytical abilities, and pattern recognition as it relates to business development.
- You possess the ability to explain value benefits and synergies in clear and concise terms to various personas.
- You understand agile ways of working and have a bias for action.
- You will establish strong and collaborative working relationships with geographically dispersed Product and Engineering counterparts to improve the partner experience.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!