Senior Technical Product Manager (Integrations)
Do your friends secretly think you’re a DJ since you’re always talking about Trello, Mixpanel, and Clubhouse?
If so, you might just be the Product Manager we’re looking for!
From ideation through launch, the Product Manager will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders (Executive Team, Sales, Client Success, Marketing, Data & Engineering) and external partners (software providers and property management, brokerage & agent clients). You will lead product development by identifying user needs and business opportunities and translating these into PRDs, a prioritized product roadmap, and clearly articulated stories.
At Updater, the secret sauce driving our incredible growth is a robust integrations platform that allows our partners in the real estate industry to seamlessly and automatically invite their customers to their very own, customized moving experience. This platform already has dozens of integration partners, hundreds of live clients and growing, and we’re expanding the platform to support new configurable pipelines and data enrichment features.
We need an experienced Product Manager with an exceptional technical background, great project management skills, and a comfort working with external clients, to own our integrations platform. You’ll define and prioritize the growth and evolution of this key part of our product stack. You will also champion new product initiatives as well as ongoing functional improvements based on proactive sourcing of feedback and data. The Product Manager serves as a subject matter expert for integration best practices and is instrumental in effectively communicating challenges and tradeoffs to the appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely deliverables, business results and client success.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with the engineering team to build and maintain APIs, dashboards, reporting tools, data pipelines, and ETL processes.
- Work closely with business partners to identify and manage project dependencies and critical path; manage customer expectations through discovery and production release cycles.
- Establish and communicate product development methodology across the team and implement project and development standards.
- Track project milestones and deliverables; ensure project documents are complete, current, accurate, and communicated appropriately.
- Engage stakeholders on an ongoing basis to set and manage project expectations and ensure continued alignment with deliverables.
- Solicit, interpret and understand client requirements; translate this into business opportunities and development priorities
- Identify new opportunities and develop product specifications and priorities based on user feedback, market insights and deep competitive research
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships via excellent client relationship management skills.
What We Expect From You
- A passion for a diversity of opinions and personalities, from customer calls with sales & success teams, to technical deep dives with engineering.
- Ability to develop and communicate high level strategy as well as guide solutions forward on a more detailed day-to-day basis.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a product management role in addition to previous comparable integrations experience working in a technical environment.
- Strong experience developing and working with APIs; familiarity within context of real estate industry is a plus
- Experience managing an ETL / Integration system in the past.
- Ability to create and present persuasive presentations, defend proposals, and clearly articulate project plans.
- Flexibility and leadership through times of change with the ability to navigate and resolve ambiguity.
- Okay with occasional travel (2 trips per quarter).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.