Senior Technical Product Manager at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and enabling women to rent, subscribe to and purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
At Rent the Runway, we are designing and building a next generation merchandising platform. Our inventory and the way we merchandise it powers the limitless closet, enables RTR to be an integral part of the way our customer gets dressed every day, and is our biggest differentiator. In addition, our merchandising systems enable customers to discover the best and most relevant inventory. The systems we build power every aspect of the inventory lifecycle. This includes determining what and how much to buy, managing the purchase of inventory, processing new receipts, publishing new listings, and ensuring that RTR optimizes our inventory.
About the Job:
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will design, build, and implement systems and processes that bring scale to our merchants. You will partner very closely with engineers, product designers, business stakeholders (buying team, fashion operations, site merchandisers, photo studio/production team, warehouse operations), data science/analytics, third party vendors & designer partners to optimize and scale our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Own your product roadmap to create experiences that delight and empower our internal users, prioritize based on learnings, make tradeoffs and take acceptable risks to innovate & learn.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the agile development process from conception, discovery, testing, UX design, development, through to launch & scale.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users - learn their motivations and goals - to provide product requirements that bring clarity and focus to complex problems.
- Define, monitor and measure launched products to leverage a tight learning loop to continually inform the product development process.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience, ideally in merchandising, e-commerce, supply chain or inventory planning related domain.
- You're able and willing to travel (in the future) to our international office in Galway, Ireland!
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- You're constantly learning. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as you learn.
- You love complex domains. You are comfortable and energized by uncharted problems.
- You're a builder. You are excited about creating new products to deliver significant business impact.
- You're analytical. You can turn data into actionable insights.
- You love to test & learn. You leverage a test & learn approach to validate assumptions and mitigate risk.
- You're a strong communicator. From engineers to executives, you know how to talk AND how to listen in remote & in-person environments.
- You enjoy getting technical. You are familiar with SQL, comfortable working with engineers day-to-day and able to participate in technical discussions.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.