At TrialSpark, our mission is to bring new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, running a clinical trial is a deeply manual process. It requires many hours of coordination and documentation to ensure the protection of patient safety, informed consent, and the integrity of trial data. To do this, it takes years (sometimes decades) and millions of dollars—which means that only a tiny fraction of promising new treatments ever get tested, let alone make it into the hands of patients who need them most.
We’re building a single technology and data platform to power full clinical trials. Join us in advancing the speed of medical research and getting new treatments to patients faster.What you will do
In this role, you’ll be the Product lead on our CRO Operations team, innovating on technology with the goal of reducing the time and cost of running a clinical trial by an order of magnitude.
- Develop a Product strategy and roadmap that reimagines the traditional CRO process through technology, introducing levers for cost reduction that go beyond staffing models and utilization optimization
- Define crisp goals for your product team each planning cycle, setting targets backed by data and a deep understanding of your problem space that challenges your team to tackle tough problems in first principles
- Proactively communicate plans with the leadership team and stakeholders; maintain a Product roadmap that supports cross-functional alignment and creates visibility into tech-enabled end-states that help operations teams build plans
- Build processes that improve collaboration between SMEs and Product teams looking to innovate in areas that require deep expertise. Create spaces for teams to develop creative solutions at the intersection of expertise and principled thinking.
- Support Sales and Business development teams in crafting Product narratives and join them in key meetings to drive new business
- Work closely with engineers and designers to launch MVPs (don’t let perfect be the enemy of great), and continuously iterate to make progress toward business outcomes
In your first 6-12 months, you can expect to work on a wide range of projects, including:
- Developing products that enable TrialSpark to understand trial performance and provide oversight at clinical trial sites at half the cost of the industry standard
- Shaping workflows for data managers and biostatisticians to standardize, clean, and analyze clinical research data, with the goal of zeroing out human error in process
- Partnering with the data science team to develop sophisticated anomaly detection tools to catch data errors
- Originating new trial operations tools as our platform grows!
- You have 5+ years of product management experience.
- You learn quickly; We expect you to become an expert on clinical trials - from how studies are designed to how the FDA approves a new drug.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity, and know how to drive decisions and action plans that lead to roadmaps
- You roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make your product and team successful
- You are an excellent communicator - both verbal and written - and are a highly structured thinker
- You have a passion for building tools that make operators more efficient and relish removing wasteful actions and process
- (Nice to have) You have a strong understanding of financial models and have the ability to tie the metrics your Product drives to financial outcomes
- (Nice to have) You have experience in operations research and understand how to design human processes alongside tech innovations
- (Nice to have) You have partnered with Sales and BD organizations and are comfortable in client facing meetings with external leadership
- (Nice to have) You have experience working at companies with large operations teams and/or in regulated spaces