About Giant Machines
Giant Machines is a software engineering company in New York City that builds new products for our clients utilizing creative engineering, strategic product thinking, and a shoulder-to-shoulder, collaborative approach. We have a proven record of success, building innovative and ambitious products for our clients at a speed and scale atypical for the industry. Our client projects range from helping early-stage startups build a first POC to launching impactful enterprise applications across industries including financial services, healthcare, airlines, eCommerce, and more.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Software Product Manager to join our product team, and help our clients define their vision and deliver impactful products. The role requires cross-functional leadership across client management, product strategy & visioning, UX/UI design, engineering, testing, and deployment of web and mobile software applications.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership over execution and delivery of the client’s product vision
- Drive discovery sessions with business stakeholders, conduct interviews, and define qualitative and quantitative goals to arrive at a shared vision of success
- Advocate and educate our clients and internal teams on modern, agile-based product management methodologies
- Translate product vision into detailed user personas, use cases, flow diagrams, and business & technical requirements
- Partner closely with in-house design to produce clickable wireframes & prototypes
- Serve as client advocate when collaborating with internal teams, responsible for aligning design & engineering decisions with our clients’ vision of success
- Serve as Giant Machines’ advocate when collaborating with external teams by accurately representing our capabilities, vision, timelines, dependencies, and prioritization
- Day-to-day project management, including work plan development, project roadmapping, and managing project tracking tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Run daily standups, iteration planning meetings (IPMs), and conduct demos of design & technical deliverables
What we seek in a candidate
- 3-5+ years of experience creating, shipping, and managing digital products
- Autonomous and resourceful working style - takes initiative to engage challenges, solve problems, and consistently deliver value without explicit direction
- Conscious listener and thoughtful communicator
- Proficient knowledge of technical concepts related to software application development
- User-centric product approach, with an eye for modern UX/UI design standards
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework
- Prior experience managing web-based project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- Consulting/client services experience a plus
Recruitment Agencies: Giant Machines does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.