Sr Data Product Manager, Data Collection Framework at The Walt Disney Company (Remote)
The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) D.A.T.A. Product Team is seeking a skilled and senior Data Product Manager to fill a critical role in the Data Collection Framework (DCF) group. The DCF gathers operational and behavioral data from digital properties across Disney's Direct-to-Consumer platforms including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the upcoming Star+ streaming platforms.
The Data Product Manager will conceptualize, define, productize, implement and operate functional automation for the DCF. The primary objective of this role is to streamline the collection, standardization, enhancement and delivery of data generated by the use of digital assets on all platforms to a multiplicity of data consumers in a manner consistent with user consent and Disney Privacy & Legal guidelines.
The Data Product Manager role is detail-intensive, requiring both accuracy and flexibility in the face of changing business priorities and technological capabilities.The final candidate will be a thought leader and innovator in the space, skilled in driving concepts to functionality.All work is to be documented thoroughly, with the assistance of the Technical Business Analyst on staff.
- Be a leader in the planning, specification and deployment of unified DCF Operations automation for the Web, Native, and "Over the Top" (OTT) platforms.
- Develop an intimate understanding of data compliance, and build relevant products to convey data compliance standards to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work independently and with product owners to create and evaluate new feature ideas, continually driving toward efficient and optimal solutions.
The main approach to streamlining will at all times focus on automation, which is the key to scalability, security, ubiquity, and accuracy. Key areas for process improvement will include:
- Adherence to external users' consent and privacy
- Enablement and support of internal users' data requirements
- Schema definition and maintenance
- Collection to defined schemas
- Transformation and delivery from schemas to downstream integrations
- Quality Assurance (QA) automation, including anomaly detection, regression, and performance to design. Support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Release build and deployment management
- DCF operational reporting
Product releases will be governed by the Agile framework in conjunction with DCF Program Management. At a high level, the process can be described as follows:
- Discovery: Value definition, prioritization, scoring and expectation-setting
- Definition: Creation of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Development: Provide feedback for sprints, and guide project management, QA and UAT
- Deploy: Define release priorities, communicate with users and conduct training
- Hypercare: Ensure successful adoption of release, conduct post mortem to help define the next iteration.
- Minimum 5 years of experience specifying MarTech solutions, for Analytics (Adobe, GA, Amplitude), Data Management Platforms (BlueKai, SalesForce), Tag Managers & Consumer Data Platforms (Tealium, Segment, Ensighten), and Optimization Tools (Test & Target, Optimizely).
- 2+ years of Design and Specification work in a Fortune 500 setting.
- 2+ years working experience with databases and SQL queries.
- Expertise with Atlassian software; JIRA and Confluence in particular.
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation, including data mappings, business requirements, and system specifications.