Sr. Director, Product Management at Signpost
Sr. Director of Product Management
The Sr. Director of Product Management at Signpost will ensure product strategy, market research, user testing, and overall execution operates at the highest standards. This role will be responsible for delivering a high-performing, Product Management practice with a best-in-class approach. The execution of essential products and solutions within a collaboratively defined roadmap will help propel overall business success and ownership of our category.
Signpost is committed to helping local home service businesses thrive by assisting them in acquiring, serving and driving more business from homeowner customers. We’re a 10 year old, $13 million ARR business pursuing a new mission to become the leading communications platform for home service businesses. Along with our VP of Engineering, the Sr. Director of Product Management has an opportunity to define our path forward to achieving our mission. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Product Management will manage the Product Management team and our design team. This role will work regularly with the engineering leadership and key business leaders in Sales, Marketing and Customer Success.
- Ensure that Signpost brings innovative solutions to the market that solve critical customer problems of home service pros and differentiates us from the competition.
- Improving processes for product discovery, roadmap creation and development planning
- Collaborating with VP Engineering to implement agile software development practices.
- Developing members of product management and design teams
- Product strategy planning including overall team and roadmap investment in collaboration with company leadership and engineering management
- Creating product KPIs and working with the product, engineering and customer success organizations to achieve those KPIs
- Oversight of feature development in collaboration with PMs, engineering, and design
- GTM and feature release planning in collaboration with sales, CS, and marketing teams
- Post-release feature management - adoption, performance, and reiterations for release in collaboration with CS and marketing
- Understanding and communication of market landscape - market trends and changes in collaboration other Product Managers, CS and Sales teams
- Ongoing mapping and matrix of competitive landscape across respective product in collaboration with Product Marketing
- Development and management of partnerships landscape in collaboration with integrations and build-partner-buy leads
- Significant (7+ years) and relevant experience in product management as an individual contributor and team lead in hi-tech SaaS, ad-tech/mar-tech background preferred
- A proven track record in a similar role managing and structuring complex products, ideally in SMB SaaS. Adtech/Martech background preferred
- Experience working with remotely based product development teams and developing requirements built on customer and business needs, willingness for working with remote teams
- Inspiring character with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Leading by example, driven, excellent execution and problem-solving skills
- Have a passion for customer-focused product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
- MS, MBA or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields is preferred
Signpost helps over ten thousand local home service pros win more business, communicate with their customers and drive loyalty in those customers. Our core values include:
- We fight for local businesses: Our passion is helping local businesses thrive.
- Convenience matters: We believe that convenient, easy-to-use technology is key to growing local businesses.
- We invest in our people: Our commitment to our employees is that they will be better for the time they have spent at Signpost. We invest in training and route employees to opportunities to increase their skills.
- We are transparent: everyone knows exactly how the business is doing and what our plans are going forward; we provide feedback frequently and with candor.
- All mission, no ego: We are focused on the mission of the business and achieving our goals not being right or looking good. Good ideas come from everywhere.