Sr. Director, Product at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Sr. Director, Product
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jul 12, 2021
Req ID: 3995
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
We are hiring a Sr. Director, Product, Access & Identity to lead the critical product area of Access and Identity for discovery+ globally. In this role, you’ll lead the creation of best in class capabilities and experiences for customers to authenticate, create & manage profiles, and establish account controls while keeping the customer experience frictionless, reliable, and secure.
The Sr. Director, Product Access & Identity will lead product planning and prioritization to deliver product features to enhance account creation, login and account management for customers of discovery+. They will lead effective product development processes that start with the customers and work back from there. They will develop innovative product features, implement scalable solutions, and ensure an end-to-end world class product experience. They will collaborate with engineering leaders to prioritize, build, and enhance key features. They will establish operating processes to drive systematic improvements to the product based on customer feedback, needs, and behavior.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root causes and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with engineering, design, business, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to establish an authentication and identity product experience for a world class streaming product globally.
- Establish a customer-centric global vision for discovery+ authentication and identity that meets customers expectations, business needs and delivers a frictionless & secure experience for customers. As a key product platform leader, partner with engineering to establish the standards for user authentication, session management, and customer information access.
- Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for product and platform feature areas critical to authentication and identity..
- Develop global requirements for Account Management, Login (Email, OTP, Social Login), Password Resets, Data collection, Marketing preferences, Parental controls, Profiles, Concurrency and age verification
- Build a PM team that maintains strong knowledge of operational best practices and ongoing security threats in the identity space.
- Develop deep knowledge about our product, our business rules across territories, and our security standards in order to create a scalable customer experience.
- Partner with leaders globally to understand unique local needs.
- Work closely with a customer-centric design team to create end-to-end user interfaces and tools that result in an easy-to-use and seamless customer experience.
- Identify root causes of customer defects and solve these root causes through product and design enhancements.
- Leverage data and insights to drive innovative product enhancements throughout the experience.
- Build a scalable team to manage and enhance key authentication and identity features across countries and platforms.
- Hire, manage, and develop product managers, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
- Build an innovative and disciplined team culture that builds trust, encourages collaborations, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
- Analyze performance metrics, measure success, and identify opportunities for improving login and registration rates across all platforms (desktop, mobile, and apps).
- Minimum of 7+ years of demonstrable Account and User Management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years managing teams to deliver compelling customer products, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
- Experience building authentication experiences at scale across web, connected tv, and mobile products.
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, creating compelling product designs, implement new features and systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
- Expertise in product design and development.
- Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, design, and engineering teams.
- Experience leading teams across multiple locations, functions, and areas of focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
- Master’s degree in business or relevant work is a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.