Sr Manager, Product Operations at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As Sr. Manager, Product Operations at Grubhub, you will be responsible for developing and delivering processes and procedures across a broad swath of initiatives for Grubhub’s product and design organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution and optimization of Grubhub’s product and design planning process. You will develop and own the product roadmapping, goal setting, communication, and prioritization process. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Design teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization. You will report directly into the Chief Product Officer for the Grubhub organization, based in our New York office.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Establish key performance metrics for the product organizations and develop long term strategies and processes to improve them
- Help drive a cohesive product roadmap process and strategy across multiple product organizations
- Own the development and communication framework of the overall product roadmap and develop the process to keep it up to date and accurate
- Coordinate and track cross initiative projects. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Lead the development and execution of “lean” processes to support improvements to our current product development process. Example of this include developing common product launch procedures, a common product brief, new PM and designer onboarding processes and ongoing training.
- Develop and facilitate the go-to market process for all launches.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Collaborate with the product and design leadership to understand existing bottlenecks and develop new programs and processes to address
- Own the KPI and KEI goal setting process for the and track attainment of goals
- Foster a positive culture of diverse collaboration and fun through leading efforts around team building, celebrating wins, running retrospectives, and implementing action plans to help teams operate efficiently and with purpose.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing issues and removing roadblocks.
You Should Have
- 5 + years of experience as a Program, Project, Product, or Operations leader within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Must be a solutions enabler that can understand business requirements and work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to arrive at solutions.
- Collaborative: You will need to work with a diverse set of product and design leaders to understand key issues, develop solutions and roll them out successfully.
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs and processes we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason something is not working.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.