Sr. Product Manager (Customer Service and Experience/CX) at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jul 8, 2021
Req ID: 3344
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Global Direct-to-Consumer group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
We are hiring a Sr. Product Manager, Customer Service to lead how discovery+ customers provide feedback, ratings, & access support globally. The Sr PM, Customer Service will lead the creation and launch of intuitive channels for customer feedback. In this role, the PM will lead efforts on VOC analysis and reporting, and work closely with product, engineering, and key stakeholders to ensure customer pain points are addressed. This role will also be responsible for understanding CS operations and product readiness, ensuring that training and help materials are produced for each new launch, globally.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root causes and determine how to improve the customer experience. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record to enable mitigations and positive outcomes. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
This role can be based in either New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, or Bellevue, WA.
• Identify and innovate on new ways to collect customer feedback within the discovery+ product globally
• Provide key customer service insights and feedback to product and other internal and external business partners, and inform product development with a clear understanding of how customers feel about our product and what is driving customer service contacts.
• Drive strategic and collaborative discussions with stakeholders around what our customers are telling us, and provide visibility into customer scenarios and gaps.
• Plan for operational readiness and effectively communicate product feature launches and changes to customer service team/ agents.
• Create and maintain relevant Help Center content and self-service tooling to ensure customers who seek help will find resolution to the most frequently asked questions in your subject area.
• Be the subject matter expert for the customer service experience and operations for discovery+ features and functionality.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, user experience design, and engineering teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience of cross-functional leaders and stakeholders.
• Experience with monetization and marketing product features is a plus.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to build model-based product features and solutions is a plus.
• Master’s degree in business or relevant work is a plus.
• BS/BA degree required. A Master's Degree is a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Management, Customer Experience or Customer Support.
• Experience in gathering and compiling business insights and identifying trends from data, including a combination of data from multiple sources.
• Strong user experience focus and experience, preferably with subscription based consumer products
• Experience in working with global teams across multiple time zones, locations and geographies..
• Media industry experience is a plus, familiarity with the customer service environment is a huge plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]