Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
We know that people don’t buy mortgages; they get mortgages to solve some crucial need in their lives: buying a new home, saving money or getting much needed cash on hand. By the time their application gets cleared to close, we need to ensure that the experience fulfills on promises made and expectations set, while anticipating needs, questions and facilitating any changes that may come up to make sure Closing happens on schedule, and with excellent customer service.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Homeowner Experience team, you will bring deep operational literacy to forge a partnership with our Closing team, and pair it with years of experience building user-centered products to re-think the Last Mile of Better’s mortgage journey. You will be able to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally about operational processes and business strategy, as well as through crisp, well-formulated technical and design requirements. You constantly advocate for our Homeowners, while building leadership through mutual respect of our teammates needed to deliver on this exceptional experience.
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape our Homeowners’ last impression of the service they’ve received and transform them into Better advocates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build products that make the Closing process easier, faster and more delightful for our customers
- Make magic out of a complex and antiquated industry through intense focus on simplification
- Build deep institutional knowledge of the mortgage process and Closing operations
- Partner with and lead cross functional teams like Design, Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc. to set product vision and strategy
- Define and socialize the roadmap of your product area through deep research and understanding of business goals
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- You’ve worked for 6-8 years in a customer focused product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You are customer obsessed, and are always looking for ways to improve the service design
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You’re committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and are equally comfortable balancing tactical and strategic investments
- You have the mental resilience to know that we're just at the start of a long journey
- You challenge archaic processes to make them better for consumers by removing friction (aka you live to make complex things simple)
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment and have a passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and have a proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.