Sr. Product Manager at Namely
About the Role
At Namely, we are building the best all-in-one suite of HR SaaS products for mid-sized companies. Our Product organization drives the strategy, design, and development of that suite of products. And we want your help.
We are looking for a leader for our Benefits product team. Part of this role would be managing another PM working with our Benefits development teams. This would also include performing client calls, design and spec features, determining short and long-term roadmap, working on strategy, prioritizing engineering work, executing the development of product features, and driving adoption.
You will work closely with our partners in Design to create compelling and delightful user experiences. You will lead and inspire Engineering teams. You will work across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and more to roll out key products.
We are looking for someone to step into this role on our Benefits product team who can drive business decisions, lead the team, and communicate empathetically with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build a strong payroll product team through mentoring and coaching.
- As a Product leader steer company strategy, product processes, and collaboration.
- Develop metrics and quantitative analyses to measure the success of new features and rollouts, identify pain points, find opportunities, and build consensus on product direction and roadmap
- Proactively gather feedback from stakeholders (e.g. clients, sales, support, compliance etc) and perform market research to identify trends and competitive gaps
- Partner with design and engineering to craft solutions aligned with the product roadmap and coordinate implementation
- Define product requirements and document clear user stories, specifications, and acceptance criteria
- Interpret and integrate product requirements from changing tax and compliance requirements
- Be an advocate for the user throughout the product development cycle
- Effectively prioritize engineering work by accounting for the level of effort, impact, and other features
- Work across Operations, Sales, Marketing, and other departments to facilitate product rollouts
- 5 years of relevant experience in a startup, preferably in the B2B SaaS space
- Management experience
- Experience shipping successful customer-facing features/applications
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights from data sets, analyze product usage, measure adoption, and understand client needs
- Experience crafting product requirements and specifications
- Technical aptitude to participate in engineering tradeoff discussions
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
- Effective communication skills, creativity in problem-solving, empathy for internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-direction, drive and leadership
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the HR/Payroll/Benefits industry
- Working understanding of modern concepts in system architecture including microservices, event sourcing and CQRS
- Experience working in a startup environment
This position has a salary range of $140,000 - 170,000 per annum. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Product Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.