Sr. Product Manager
Greater NYC Area
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom line growth.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to support an outcome-over-output approach amongst our engineering and research projects. You’ll serve as an internal product consultant in our organization, helping teams to define, de-risk, validate, execute and communicate a product vision. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
- Serve as product management subject matter expert for multiple teams in our Assurance and Engineering practices
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap
- Work with teams to drive product requirements, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
- Collaboratively define and prioritize backlogs for products that continuously deliver measurable value towards the vision
- Help innovate and iterate our PM processes
- Actively engage customers and the larger open source community of users
- Define and prioritize product features
- Make fast, concrete product decisions despite conflicting priorities
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Deep domain expertise in the security operations or software development market with a passion for understanding the life of Security Operations and Application Developers
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Experience with 3 of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, User-Centered Design, working directly with clients
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with remote engineers, designers, and clients
- Experience as a designer or engineer a plus
- Our workforce is 50% remote. Many employees choose to work from home. As long as you keep delivering good work, we keep our hands off your personal style and let you manage your work day as you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware, we buy it. Everyone has rack space and corporate cards.
- We can tell you exactly what projects you'll work on and the people you'll work with. If it's not what you want, no need to initiate a lateral transfer, we can shift your work without an issue.
- Every year, we pay for the best in conference training, technical training, and managerial classes for our team. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth.
- We routinely highlight the work our employees are specifically paid to do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We talk about more than just side projects.
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. See your work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership
- 3-4 months paid parental leave
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment
- Moving expenses: $5k one-time
- Charitable donation matching up to $1,000
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance
- 14 company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
Read Full Job Description