Sr. Product Manager
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are seeking an experienced and impassioned Sr. Product Manager to help us transform wedding planning into a delightful journey while helping couples get the hard work done with confidence. We’re looking for that special someone to ensure that The Knot stays #1 in Weddings by bringing your entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solving, and user-centric design thinking to our team. You’ll work closely with exceptional design and tech leads. Your Marketing and PR partners are knowledgeable and collaborative, having built up key relationships in the industry over many years.
We have built a world-class product development team and are passionate about growing product managers into masters of the craft. We have a rich product development program including monthly Product Schools, pair PMing, development budgets, guest speakers, meetups … as well a strong general focus on personal development.
This role is a great mix of forward-thinking strategy and highly creative, design-centered feature development, with a strategic product focus on The Knot’s marketplace. Our 2-sided marketplace is where we help engaged couple discover and book their dream team of wedding vendors.
You should be excited about building new products from Minimally Viable Experiments to iterating and scaling the existing planning products. You love helping users solve big problems and making life’s biggest moments joyful instead of stressful.
- Always put our users first
- Work closely with our outstanding analytic and research team to gain feedback and insights directly from users
- Set the strategic direction in collaboration with product marketing, engineering, and design partners
- Drive outcome-focus execution - what matters most is how the product impacts our customers and our business
- Collaborate with product leaders to ensure cohesion between your products and the overall product experience on The Knot
SUCCESSFUL SR. PRODUCT MANAGERS HAVE:
- 5+ years in product development, in an agile environment
- You can set strategic direction and help ideate and launch new products and experiences
- You always refer to quantitative and qualitative data in making product decisions and have experience with analytics and research tools + methods and comfort with analytical tools
- You have a track record of creating quality consumer experiences that accommodate user needs andbusiness requirements
- You communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with your partners and executives
- You have keen aesthetics and empathy, and a user-centered mentality
- You’re a strong partner for engineers, empathetic to their unique needs, and you believe there’s such a thing as tech debt
- You’re a natural prioritizer, have great instincts when it comes to what matters, and have made tough but smart trade-offs. You care about Outcomes over Outputs - goals matter more than the roadmap
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.