Sr Product Manager
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs and entertains with leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands.
We’re looking for the next great sr. product manager to join us in this adventure, and we’re hoping it’s you!
As sr. product manager for Discovery Digital Media, you’ll help shape the strategy, and drive the execution and successful delivery of our top-rated TV Everywhere apps across Discovery’s US TV brands (such as Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigtaion Discovery, Animal Planet, and Travel Channel, among others). You’ll thrive in making impactful decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what’s worth doing that is simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through utilizing product discovery and design thinking. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become expert on our audience and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
2. Set, articulate, and advocate product vision and strategy
3. Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
4. Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
5. Build and maintain product plans to create value for users and grow the business
6. Author use cases and user stories and build shared understanding
7. Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation via product discovery, A/B testing, and design thinking methods
8. Identify and map customer goals, values and needs more than “wants” or “table stakes”
9. Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
10. Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development, etc
11. Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experience
* 3 -5 years or more of product management experience
* TVE/D2C/Connected TV/Mobile/native app industry and domain experience
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans
* Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
* Exceptional storytelling skills
* Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
* Strong user experience sensibilities
* Strong experience with analytics, user research to drive decisions
* Strong experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, partners, engineers
* Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
* Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
* Able to work in the US