Sr. Product Manager at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery is the new global leader in real-life entertainment. We bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences through digital and streaming services in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around us through amazing experiences.
Discovery's Digital Media team offers the excitement of building new digital streaming services with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded and iconic legacy business. We work fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products, platforms, services and experiences for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, and Travel Channel.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery Digital. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this is the role for you.
Sr. Product Manager to lead video-focused initiatives that will drive our KPIs. The position will be responsible for the roadmap, analysis, and execution of video playback performance improvements for consumer-facing video player features across mobile, web and living room platforms. Areas of ownership for this role include: Video Player technology and features, workflows for live and on-demand content, video ad products and managing relationships with key video delivery partners.
1. Drive the improvement of video player performance metrics including video start times, buffering rates, video error rates and more
2. Collaborate with other members of the product team and drive experimentation of new features within the playback experience
3. Work closely with video player engineering teams by defining use cases and requirements
4. Develop and nurture relationships with external platform partners and technology vendors
5. Manage video player functionality across multiple products, platforms and/or initiatives
6. Collaborate with Data Science, Product Marketing and Content Operations teams
7. Analyze data using various tools to find the insights that matter
8. Prioritize and manage feature backlogs
9. Craft well-constructed user stories based on consumer and business goals
10. Keep on top of industry trends, technologies, and techniques
11. Be a strong and vocal voice of the consumer
12. Identify and push through new opportunities for NBC Digital to continue to improve their standing as an industry leading video streaming platform
* Minimum 6 years of proven Product Management experience
* Background in digital media
* Previous experience working in an agile development environment
* Video player product management experience
* Strong communication and collaboration skills, proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to influence and lead without direct authority.
* Ability to make decisions quickly and independently with minimal oversight.
* Demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into a product roadmap and vision.
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Experience dealing with vendors is a plus
* Vendor Management experience
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Interested candidates must submit a Resume/CV online to be considered
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, Discovery Inc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Program