Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million people visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You’re a seasoned product marketer with experience marketing and selling SaaS to the enterprise. You understand developers—how they think, work, and communicate—both as users of software and as leaders of organizations (directors, VPs, C-level executives). You’re smart and get things done. Analytical and creative. Collaborative and independent. You see yourself as a key partner to the Sales and Customer Success organization, sharing revenue goals and working together to achieve them.
What you’ll do:
You will be the Sr. Product Marketing Manager of Stack Overflow for Enterprise. Your job is to serve developers by driving adoption of Stack Overflow’s enterprise knowledge management software among large organizations across industry verticals. You will work on a highly cross-functional team with product managers, sales, customer success, and marketing (digital, content, events).
- Create product positioning and messaging to communicate Stack Overflow for Enterprise’s value propositions and differentiators to key decision makers
- Enable Enterprise Sales to close new business faster by providing best-in-class product documentation, sales decks, collateral, use cases, customer stories, talking points, product demos, and field marketing support
- Conduct customer and market research to find and share insights on personas, competitors, and industry verticals with stakeholders
- Partner with Content and Digital Marketing to position Stack Overflow as a must-have solution among IT decision makers and ensure a healthy pipeline of leads for the Sales team
- Build out Customer Advisory Board to nurture relationships with key accounts and launch events/programs to increase customer advocacy
- Establish domain expertise: Develop a deep understanding of the product and how developers use Stack Overflow for Enterprise, what their needs and pain points are, and how they evaluate and onboard new software into their organizations
- Determine, measure, and report on KPIs for all of your initiatives
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience
- Experience messaging and selling software-as-a-service (SaaS) into enterprise organizations, ideally to a developer or technical audience
- Experience supporting a Sales organization with collateral, training, and field support
- Excellent writing skills and a passion for product storytelling
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to dig into customer data for insights and recommendations
- Experience in user/customer segmentation, industry research, and persona development
- Experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience working with Product Management, UX Research, and Design
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it. For example, we share our complete engineering salary formula.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.