Sr Product Mgr- Entertainment
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Sr. Product Manager in New York, NY to join our join our team to build new interactive and entertainment products in our well loved lifestyle brands for consumers across mobile, tablet, connected TVs, and voice-based devices.
As a Senior Product Manager, Entertainment you’ll be responsible for creating and delivering a best-in-class video viewing experience for our customers. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You’ll thrive making decisions for a new product with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become expert on our audience and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Discover how the product can best serve customers based on deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Own the entertainment product roadmap, collaborating with designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Lead the full product lifecycle — from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery —collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization
* 5+ years’ experience in digital product management with at least 1 year in developing video app products is required. Preferred experience with iOS/tvOS, Android, Fire TV, and Roku.
* A solid understanding of entertainment industry and digital video. Deep knowledge of media workflows and systems is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* 2+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners.
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus.
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.